I have pics and info. on Freedom aft balcony for cabin 7708

I came back Sunday from a Freedom cruise and we were lucky enough to get our first aft cabin. We were in the port side corner aft on deck 7. The balcony was great and even the walk wasn't bad. As I posted earlier, the balcony is about 11.5 x 18 feet. Here are a couple of pictures.

2920025980104579871S600x600Q85.jpg

2868741980104579871S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by CruiseLover15

We have this room in November. It appears you can see onto the balcony from below - is this true? Just wondering how private it will be. We will enjoy it regardless, just wondering.

The only way you can see the people below you, or the ones above can see you, is if you're standing at the railing. If you step back two feet you can't see them & they can't see you. This is probably the most private balcony we've ever had. You'll love it.

Here's another pic of the balcony.

25h0ok4.jpg

Check out the balcony for the family suite. Talk about huge.:eek:

s1hy0p.jpg

Edited by keasc

So if someone above you is standing at the railing, they can see into your balcony? Just curious as we don't like having to look around first to see who is out there.... We might try aft sometime but I'm not sure about the view always being the same (wake) and the metal piping around. Someone put it really well once and said it was like looking out of a football helmet.

Great pictures!!:)

So if someone above you is standing at the railing, they can see into your balcony? Just curious as we don't like having to look around first to see who is out there.... We might try aft sometime but I'm not sure about the view always being the same (wake) and the metal piping around. Someone put it really well once and said it was like looking out of a football helmet.

Great pictures!!:)

For someone to see you on this balcony you would have to be standing on the railing and so would they. It is very private.

For someone to see you on this balcony you would have to be standing on the railing and so would they. It is very private.

Cool, thanks. Seems crazy that the RFS balcony costs so much more but is basically on display. From your vantage point of that photo I can see their entire lounge area! I wouldn't be thrilled with that!:eek:

Cool, thanks. Seems crazy that the RFS balcony costs so much more but is basically on display. From your vantage point of that photo I can see their entire lounge area! I wouldn't be thrilled with that!:eek:

That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw their balcony.

BTW, I've put my photos online if anyone wants to check them out.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574717046ZEbJDQ

Edited by keasc

• 4 years later...

TY%20of%20the%20SEAS&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2013&month=11&day=16&hour=17&minute=30&second=0&x=10&y=86" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a

I came back Sunday from a Freedom cruise and we were lucky enough to get our first aft cabin. We were in the port side corner aft on deck 7. The balcony was great and even the walk wasn't bad. As I posted earlier, the balcony is about 11.5 x 18 feet. Here are a couple of pictures.

2920025980104579871S600x600Q85.jpg

2868741980104579871S600x600Q85.jpg

For some reason, I can not see any pictures from your posts. I can from the other posts, just not yours. Any idea why? Thanks.

Gwen :)

The only way you can see the people below you, or the ones above can see you, is if you're standing at the railing. If you step back two feet you can't see them & they can't see you. This is probably the most private balcony we've ever had. You'll love it.

Not quite totally true. We had 7708 on the Indy in March.

Although 7708 is very private, and no one can see onto YOUR balcony, you can CERTAINLY see onto all balconies on the deck below (deck 6). You can easily see those balconies just standing at your railing. Of course they can see you personally, but not your balcony. I would never get a deck 6 aft balcony. Especially that family suite. Heck, I could see a portion of their hot tub just standing at my railing.

Deck 8 above you cannot see your balcony at all.

Very private. If you are 2 people, this is the best cabin on the ship, from JS and below (in my opinion)

• 10 months later...