Does Anyone Have Recent Pictures Of Veendam "S" Deluxe Verandah Suites?

Suesan Jean

I am interested in booking an "S" Deluxe Verandah Suite on the Veendam next year.

Does ANYONE have any recent pictures of these cabins (since drydock)?

Would three people have enough room in this cabin?

Can you tell me about the "Neptune Lounge"? What would you need it, use it for? (we have been on Holland America before but we did not have a Suite that enabled us to use the Neptune Lounge)

We are used to the Penthouses on Norwegian where you have a Butler and a Concierge.

Thank You VERY MUCH for your posts.......icon14.gif :)

Hi Suesan Jean:

We will be sailing on the Veendam 9/27 for five days in an S suite. It's our first time in a suite on HAL but I have sailed NCL's Norwegian Star in a Penthouse suite.

I'll be happy to take some pictures and relay our experience upon our return. In the meantime, perhaps other CC'rs will respond.

Sharon

In answer to your questions:

3 people will have lots of room in the S Suites

The Neptune Lounge is the reason we cruise HAL. Concierge service. Continental

breaky, cold snacks throughout the day, GOOD coffee and capucino available 24 hours.

Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill every day. Dinner one night at least (more on a longer

cruise) with the Captain and senior officers. This is cruising as it's reputed to be.

Hi Suesan Jean:

We will be sailing on the Veendam 9/27 for five days in an S suite. It's our first time in a suite on HAL but I have sailed NCL's Norwegian Star in a Penthouse suite.

I hope you have a WONDERFULL CRUISE......!!! sFun_cheerleader.gif I would enjoy your comparison VERY MUCH of an NCL Penthouse to a Holland America "Suite".

And I would enjoy hearing about your experience on the Veendam. What you thought about EVERYTHING.....!!! From your cabin, food, entertainment, public spaces, etc........ sHa_veryhappy.gif

I'll be happy to take some pictures and relay our experience upon our return. In the meantime, perhaps other CC'rs will respond.

Sharon

That would be TERRIFFIC......!!! sHa_thumbsup.gifTHANK YOU VERY MUCH.....!!! sHa_thumbsup.gif

I would appreciate seeing your pictures GREATLY......!!! sHa_thumbsup2.gif :)

We just got off the Veendam on September 6. I have pictures but have not organized them yet. One thing though - the Neptune was not open 24 hours a day for coffee and stuff. The hours were 7:00 AM to 8:30 PM most days. Yes, it is a great place to go. However, the coffee/latte/capucino machine was broken more often than it worked. They tried hard to keep it running but it just seemed to break everyday. They put regular coffee in an urn when the machine is broken. However, it is a great place to sit, read, relax, etc. However, IMHO, the Neptune Lounge on the Noordam was much better - snacks were better and more varied.

Hope you enjoy it - we did.

In answer to your questions:

3 people will have lots of room in the S Suites

The Neptune Lounge is the reason we cruise HAL. Concierge service. Continental

breaky, cold snacks throughout the day, GOOD coffee and capucino available 24 hours.

Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill every day. Dinner one night at least (more on a longer

cruise) with the Captain and senior officers. This is cruising as it's reputed to be.

Well, I LIKE how ALL that sounds.......!!! sHa_thumbsup.gif :D

We just got off the Veendam on September 6. I have pictures but have not organized them yet.

When you get them organized, if you can, it would be nice to see them. :)

One thing though - the Neptune was not open 24 hours a day for coffee and stuff. The hours were 7:00 AM to 8:30 PM most days. Yes, it is a great place to go. However, the coffee/latte/capucino machine was broken more often than it worked. They tried hard to keep it running but it just seemed to break everyday. They put regular coffee in an urn when the machine is broken.

Well, hopefully it will be fixed SOON and there is ALWAYS coffee for those who need it/want it.........eat-drink-smiley-5155.gifeat-drink-smiley-7838.gifeat-drink-smiley-5161.gif

However, it is a great place to sit, read, relax, etc. However, IMHO, the Neptune Lounge on the Noordam was much better - snacks were better and more varied.

We were not able to use the Neptune Lounge when we were on the Noordam last year. So, the GOOD THING is that we don't know what to compare it too.......;)

Hope you enjoy it - we did.

I am SURE WE WILL.......!!! We have enjoyed EVERY cruise we have been on......!!! sHa_biggrin.gif

Hi Suesan Jean:

Sharon

I will be interested in your comments, we're on the Veendam in October in a suite and it's our first time in a HAL suite as well. Never did NCL's suites but I've heard how great they are with the service.

I will be interested in your comments, we're on the Veendam in October in a suite and it's our first time in a HAL suite as well. Never did NCL's suites but I've heard how great they are with the service.

After six NCL cruises, all in Penthouses, I have to honestly say, "WE LOVE THE SUITE LIFE......!!!" sHa_okay.gif

But, I am SURE we will enjoy this cruise.....!!! :D

We LOVED the Noordam last year and we were in an "SS". Which was a lovely cabin too.

scopewest: Hi there, fellow Arizonian :) I'll try to keep notes whilst on the cruise to offer an accurate description.

suesan jean: I'm hoping my DH will take lots of photos and then help me post or organize them into an online album. I am fairly computer savvy but have issues when it comes to the photos!

I'm excited to be cruising again as it's been a while, especially in a suite. My last cruise was June '08 on the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos. Although it's an awesome ship and an incredible experience, the Xpedition staterooms are rather small and the ship has few amenities since the Islands are the attraction.

Have a great weekend everyone, and L'Shana Tova to all who know what that means ;)

Sharon

suesan jean: I'm hoping my DH will take lots of photos and then help me post or organize them into an online album. I am fairly computer savvy but have issues when it comes to the photos!

That would be WONDERFULL......!!! THANK YOU......!!! sHa_thumbsup.gif

I'm excited to be cruising again as it's been a while, especially in a suite. My last cruise was June '08 on the Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos. Although it's an awesome ship and an incredible experience, the Xpedition staterooms are rather small and the ship has few amenities since the Islands are the attraction.

That sounds like it was a FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE, WOW.....!!! sHa_woot.gif

Have a great weekend everyone, and L'Shana Tova to all who know what that means ;)

And to you too...... :)

Sharon

How many dogs to have? I am a Dog Lover too......!!!

We have four pups. they are all siblings. Of Bichon and English Cocker Spaniel mix.

Billy is nine years old and the triplets, Becky, Bonnie and Beau are seven years old.

Our other boy, Bobby, would have been eight years old.

We love them all VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH......!!! sHa_grouphug3.gif

Archived