Off topic question for precruise stay...

sjram

Ok, let me start by saying I know I made a huge mistake. I love this website and have learned so much on here. A few weeks ago I bid on priceline to book a 4* in the Huntington-Newport Beach area for a few nights before our cruise. I won the Hyatt Regenecy Huntington Beach for 10/8-10/11 for $90 a night. This was the hotel we were hoping for! After two weeks of looking forward to our trip we decided to try for another room and bring the kids along. Well, I looked on another website and saw people were getting the Hyatt for around $50. So again, I used bid for the same criteria as before, only bidding $49. I won! A few hours later I looked thinking I could call the hotel and request the rooms be next to each other only to look closely and see that I won the Hyatt Regency is Newport Beach. I had not looked closely enough before bidding that there were two different Hyatts so close in the same area. I know this is my own fault, it's a risk you take with priceline, etc. But does anyone have any ideas on what I should do with this? I am pretty sure there is no way to cancel and get any money back, right? Do you think if I called the Hyatt Corporation they may be nice enough to transfer my reservation from one Hyatt to another? Is there anywhere you can sell your hotel reservations? Would anyone on this site be interested in taking my reservation? Again, I know I should have done many things differently, but now I am just looking for suggestions on how to make the best of my situation. Please don't flame me; I have already done that to myself enough! Thanks for any help!

I did cc hotel disputes for folks that had problems and their terms are the bids are final. Iv never heard of a way to resell a hotel reservation in your name and transfer it to someone else's name. Any way you can stay at both hotels, how far apart are they?

Priceline wouldnt do a thing for you. All bids are final, unfortunately. I know when I use hotwire I check and double check for a couple of days before I have the nerve to pull the trigger on some hotel I know is totally final.

I think your best bet is to ask to talk to the manager of the hotel when you check in. We did this in Orlando many years ago after our dates changed on our trip. I brought my priceline reservation with me (we were looking to book in earlier than we had bid on), explained it to the manager (who was great), and he honored the booking. Not saying this will work, only that it worked for us (and many will say priceline won't help you with changes, which I agree they won't. They've already got their cut.)

Good luck dude.

Since the earthquake they are only ten miles apart.

LOL! Wait til the next quake and they will be across the street !

OP- Both are great deals. Let us know how it plays out. I would try Hyatt 800 reservations first; then the manager at your second preference (to get moved to your first choice), then vice-versa.

If it were no kids, Newport is probably the better deal all else being equal. But Huntington has a waterpark attached (new, I haven't seen it) and that sounds more fun for the kids especially.

Well, Huntington Beach & Newport Beach are next to one another, not 40 miles apart. However, these two Hyatt's are about 10 miles apart.

hello,

I agree that the hotels are about 9-10 miles apart if even this far apart.

Contact the General Manager of the Hyatt Regency and explain your predicament...a polite letter will be nice, with a copy to the Hyatt Regency in Newport Beach. Please remember that they are high up in their organizations and are paid reasonably well to deal with problems such as yours. The key here is to go as high as you can in the hierarchy.

You should know that the Hyatt Regency Huntigton Beach is a very nice hotel, with spacious rooms. The swimming pool is especially nice. However, also be prepared to pay $25.00 per day for valet parking. There is no self parking at the hotel and the parking around the hotel is metered. There is also a $12.50 per day charge for amenities.

I do not know this for sure but I believe that the Hyatt Newport Beach has a similiar parking charge.

We stayed at the Hyatt Huntington Beach about three months ago. I used Priceline and thought that we had a nice stay overall and worth the money.

Archived