What a shame

baycitycruiserdude

Just returned from a Rome to Rome week sailing on Windsurf. I have sailed twice with Windstar and loved it several years ago. I did not expect anything different from my past wonderful cruises. Love the small boat feel, the simple dress code, and just chilling. I realize times are tuff, and cruises need to make cut backs in areas. That was especially apparaent in the service and attitude of the hard working staff. My thought is windstar has cut back on the number of employee's and these people have to work harder, and maybe their salary has been cut as well. ( Just my thought)

It was just not a happy feeling one felt on board. I enjoyed a huge delicious vegetarian selection, but meat eaters might be a bit disapointed. I thought the portion control was great, but my friend the meat eater loves a 16 ounce slice of prime rib. We dined with a few couples we met on board who ordered one extra "just in case meal". The waiter's did not mind.

I am not big on Vegas shows, so I loved Colin and Joyce who sang in the compass lounge. There were a few things that did bother me, but might not bother others. I feel when you serve yourself in the buffet for lunch and breakfast shirts and shoes should be required.( unless you have a shaved chest) lol. I do not expect to be waited on like a princess, but I did not like having to get up to pour my own coffee, or being served on a not so clean plate, and dine with flies in the main restaurant.

I would have liked wii to be offered more than just an hour on one sea day, updated DVD's would be nice as well. Windstar has everything going for it, but just needs to get back on board. I hope that management will read the surveys and make the appropriate changes.

Just returned from a Rome to Rome week sailing on Windsurf. I have sailed twice with Windstar and loved it several years ago. I did not expect anything different from my past wonderful cruises. Love the small boat feel, the simple dress code, and just chilling. I realize times are tuff, and cruises need to make cut backs in areas. That was especially apparaent in the service and attitude of the hard working staff. My thought is windstar has cut back on the number of employee's and these people have to work harder, and maybe their salary has been cut as well. ( Just my thought)

It was just not a happy feeling one felt on board. I enjoyed a huge delicious vegetarian selection, but meat eaters might be a bit disapointed. I thought the portion control was great, but my friend the meat eater loves a 16 ounce slice of prime rib. We dined with a few couples we met on board who ordered one extra "just in case meal". The waiter's did not mind.

I am not big on Vegas shows, so I loved Colin and Joyce who sang in the compass lounge. There were a few things that did bother me, but might not bother others. I feel when you serve yourself in the buffet for lunch and breakfast shirts and shoes should be required.( unless you have a shaved chest) lol. I do not expect to be waited on like a princess, but I did not like having to get up to pour my own coffee, or being served on a not so clean plate, and dine with flies in the main restaurant.

I would have liked wii to be offered more than just an hour on one sea day, updated DVD's would be nice as well. Windstar has everything going for it, but just needs to get back on board. I hope that management will read the surveys and make the appropriate changes.

Hmm. Flies in the main dining room? Where did I read this before? Are you related to "mystichill" who wrote the same thing on another thread?

Interesting this is your first and only post on CC.

Ernie

Admittedly it has been 4 months, but our experience on the Windsurf in May for Grand Prix week was NOTHING like that. We thought the food was great (loved the new outdoor dining concepts) and staff were as friendly, happy and helpful as ever.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise.

It would be nice to know the dates of the cruises w/the bad reviews. From what I read, as of Sept 4th, Windstar was taking over the "hotel management" from a contracted provider as a cost savings move. One wonders if any of this was due to the transition?

Hmm. Flies in the main dining room? Where did I read this before? Are you related to "mystichill" who wrote the same thing on another thread?

Interesting this is your first and only post on CC.

Ernie

Ernie, as I'm usually on "troll alert" myself, I can appreciate your vigilance; however, while it is possible that mystichill and baycitycruiserdude are in cahoots (or more), it is equally possible that two posters could have experienced the same unfortunate phenomenon in the same dining room, especially as they were on the same cruise.

(I know that they are reporting on the same cruise, because I happened to see a since-deleted, earlier, very brief post by baycitycruiserdude where he indicated he had been on the same cruise as mystichill and concurred with the latter's assessment. So, technically, this could be considered baycitycruiserdude's 2nd -- at least -- post.)

Archived