Wht do you expect from your PVP?

Mikel1733

What should be a minimum you can expect from a Carnival PVP. I've been in the service business my entire life and I've always tried to do whats right for a client. After becoming Platinum earlier this summer on Carnival I requested a new brochure from my PVP so I could plan next years CCL cruise. I was told I needed to log onto Carnival.com and request one myself. What a bunch of bull in my opinion! :mad: In a time when the economy is in the crapper is this the best we can expect? Am I a dinosaur that needs to enter the new world???

In a time when the economy is in the crapper is this the best we can expect? Am I a dinosaur that needs to enter the new world???

No, it's that today's customer service is a different world. It seems few people with genuine customer service skills end up as a PVP.

My guess is that the pay scale is so low they only attract people who could not find a job as a waiter.

Thanks Salty Dingo.....I've been ready to pull the trigger on a cruise to book 3 rooms for next year and I guess I want someone to act like they want to book it. Our last cruise I booked a Penthouse Suite and 2 balcony rooms. Not like I am looking for the cheapest rooms on the ship.

Isn't it easier to log on and order one than to call in the first place? I mean, in the time it took to write this post you could have done it. Is that really something to complain about? I spend more on my cell phone bill each year than I do on cruises, but I don't expect the phone company to roll out the red carpet when I call their customer service dept.

Isn't it easier to log on and order one than to call in the first place? I mean, in the time it took to write this post you could have done it. Is that really something to complain about? I spend more on my cell phone bill each year than I do on cruises, but I don't expect the phone company to roll out the red carpet when I call their customer service dept.

So when was the last time your phone bill for one week was close to $10,000???

You're gonna drop ten grand but you can't go to your AAA office, or, GASP! go to a web site to order a brochure? If you want to be treated like a king, sail a luxury line.. We're talking about Carnival... I'll agree, customer service is lousy these days, but so are people with overblown senses of entitlement..

So when was the last time your phone bill for one week was close to $10,000???

Now that was a funny response! While yes, the OP could have gone on-line to order in the amt. of time it took to write on here, that is not the point. Point is they called to ask for the brouchure and the PVP could have just as easily said, "Sure, I'll send you one but just for future reference, you can order one on-line."

FYI there are no brochures sitting in the corporate building to be sent so the only way you can get one is to order it on line. That has nothing to do with customer service at all so you really are over-expecting there.

Salty dingo I think you would be quite shocked to know how much money PVPs actually make!! I can assure you it is much much more than a waiter and might just be a tad more than you make!!! I think your comments are rude and not neccessary.

My PVP is awesome. I'm sure he'd be happy to send you a brochure...he has sent me that and more in the past few years we've been working together. Along with answering as many inane questions as I can come up with, promptly returning phone calls and emails and generally watching out for me. He's the best. I'm a stickler for customer service, and he's one of the best I've ever encountered...and write a letter annually to his supervisors telling them such.

I went to the TA office that I have used to book my land vacations and my first cruise to pick up a new brochure 2 months ago. The TA told me that she did not have any brochures, but she would call me when they came in. I came home and called my PVP - he sent me one out that day. I used the TA to book a quick trip to Vegas last month and she still didn't have any Carnival books. I'm glad I didn't wait on her brochure to book my cruise.

What should be a minimum you can expect from a Carnival PVP. I've been in the service business my entire life and I've always tried to do whats right for a client. After becoming Platinum earlier this summer on Carnival I requested a new brochure from my PVP so I could plan next years CCL cruise. I was told I needed to log onto Carnival.com and request one myself. What a bunch of bull in my opinion! :mad: In a time when the economy is in the crapper is this the best we can expect? Am I a dinosaur that needs to enter the new world???

The only thing I expect is he/she make the reservation - advising me of the price - selecting and confirming the cabin requested, recapping the price, the final payment information, any restrictions on the fare....and email me an invoice - or generate a paper invoice to be mailed.

That's it.

I'm a full grown adult woman, whose traveled for years. I don't need hand holding and am fully capable of ordering my own brochure from their website or stopping by a local agency to pick one up....

A PVP is a reservationist, not a travel agent. If "full-service" is desired, go to a local brick and mortar agency...they are very service oriented and will be glad to "do" for you.

No, it's that today's customer service is a different world. It seems few people with genuine customer service skills end up as a PVP.

My guess is that the pay scale is so low they only attract people who could not find a job as a waiter.

I have seen my PVP's house in Miami....I can guess you are not correct on this one. It was FINE....

My PVP does two things for me:

1. Gets me the best upgrades at booking OR watches the price for me until my final payment and gets me any reductions.

2. Lets me know of any changes that occur in my booked cruise before we sail.

We have used him for years. We know his wife and two kids....etc.

This is all we need him to do since we have the rest of the knowledge we need to book our cruises.

Other folks who are not as experienced of course would need more direction.

. I'll agree, customer service is lousy these days, but so are people with overblown senses of entitlement..

I'm the last person who has any sense of entitlement, nor do I expect the red carpet to be rolled out.

To all the other posters to this thread thank you for giving me a heads up on my question. I do appreciate your responses.

Archived