New York /Caribbean Princess

diablob

I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

First of all, we are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on October 17th and we are flying into Newark. I was quoted 85.00 CAD rt per person, which I find nuts! Does anyone know approximately how much a cab is or if there is something like a supershuttle?

Also, do they still have the soda cards and what is the price currently.

Lastly, I can't remember the email address to find out the menu for the week on this ship, does anyone remember it?

First of all, we are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on October 17th and we are flying into Newark. I was quoted 85.00 CAD rt per person, which I find nuts! Does anyone know approximately how much a cab is or if there is something like a supershuttle?

Lastly, I can't remember the email address to find out the menu for the week on this ship, does anyone remember it?

I have always successfully used the Princess transfer bus although that was early 2008 when i did that.

If you go to hopstop.com you can calculate costs of taxis. I found it the fare to be approx 41.00 USD ONE WAY without tolls for a taxi when I calculated it at 930 AM on a weekday. (This trip could take 1 to 1 1/2 hrs). A car svc might be less. You can type in Newark Airport and Bowne and Imlay Streets for the cross streets of the Brooklyn Pier. Note that the site mentioned a 15.00 Neward airport service charge which I never heard of. Supershuttle.com might have some type of service but I suggest calling them at 800-BLUE-VAN. I don't know if they do airport to pier.

I am not sure of the soda card cost but they do have them.

Sorry, I dont have the email for the menu info.

At last glance, the soda sticker is $4.25 times the # of days of the cruise, plus 15 percent gratuity. The sticker is placed on your cruise card, and is good only for that person.

Cab fare from EWR to the Brooklyn cruise terminal is not inexpensive; $80 or so is about correct. There are tolls involved, as well as a state line. This means that the driver must return empty (franchise laws and agreement), and cover the return tolls as well.

I have always suggested Newark (EWR) as the last resort when cruising from Brooklyn because of this. Any savings in air fare with using EWR needs to be sufficient to cover the differences in transfer costs.

LaGuardia (LGA) is close ... about 20-25 minutes (or so) away, and should cost about $30-35. Kennedy (JFK) is a bit farther ... about 40 minutes (or so), and about $40-45.

Come join our roll call for the 17th.

Archived