Advice on choosing a cabin on Silver Wind

Alldee

SW18, The Bay of Biscay is notorious for roughness, has to do with the fact it's not too deep. In ships the size of Silversea's current fleet your cabin location probably will not make a difference in the comfort of your tummy. What you take may! We are doing Cape Horn in Dec. '10 and actually moved up and forward because the view will be better and if it is rough 100 feet further aft or 50 feet lower won't matter that much-rough is rough particularly at the Cape.

I am quite familiar with the Bay of Biscay, having crossed it on a variety of cruise ships & Brittany Ferries, between 611 & 541 there is a big difference I assure you. The worst ships on the Bay have to be the Oceania triplets, shallow draught & a bizarre corkscrewing motion in rough seas - on that ship we were midship & fairly low, but you didn't see those in the cabins up high and forward for a couple of days!! At just over half the size the Cloud & the Wind are really quite capable little ships.

You can do the search and do just this forum. Since I had mine booked since 2007 for the original 2937, I had studied and studied Seychelles. We had wanted that itinerary for Madagascar and Tanzania and such as much as Seychelles, but we were going to stay several days in Seychelles. If you don't find anything on the search or nobody responds, let me know and I will try to search for you.

Archived