Freedom A/C:Question.....

big al

Hey guys-just got off the Destiny last Sat (review posted under Big Al),and one thing I didn't like was the A/C- I hated the A/C controls being above you on the ceiling and having to turn that stupid lever back & forth...not to mention how LOUD it was,since I like it cold at night (and it wasn't even that cold!)...question is-is the A/C on Freedom the same,or has CCL have come to their senses and put a normal wall control system? Thanks...

Big Al

We were on the Freedom in July and it had a wall control. It could get very cold. I had to leave and find sunshine quite often because DH froze me out of the room by sitting it at the lowest temp (it was too hot for him outside):D

Thanks-your husband is like myself....I keep the cabin cool during the day,but when we sleep,it's like the Artic Circle in there...my wife has the double blankets,socks,etc.....you just answered an important question for me..thanks again!

Big Al

Thanks-your husband is like myself....I keep the cabin cool during the day,but when we sleep,it's like the Artic Circle in there...my wife has the double blankets,socks,etc.....you just answered an important question for me..thanks again!

Big Al

I'm sure you will have no problems then:D. Tell your wife to pack some warm clothes for when she is in the room (I didn't pack anything warm & DD walked around the room with the robe on that they provided) and that I sympathize with her:(.

The Destiny was the first of a new ship class (actually it is unique, but the others that followed are very similar). We have been on her twice and found that the A/C was problematic at best. Later ships have made improvements. Still feel that cabin placement in the air flow line plays a significant part.

I was on the freedom a few weeks ago and our room (1016) was NOT very cold. I would actually wake up sometimes sweating and wasn't using any covers. I do think I am normally warmer than most so it would probably be comfortable for most, but not the cold I was longing for.

Thanks to all for replying....sounds like I should be AT least better than on the Destiny NOISE wise...I am also very warm blooded...my car is like Siberia..my wife has learned to take a blanket on rides more than 30 mnutes....

Big Al

Big Al Loved the post I sleep with a fan on me even with the air on. In the winter we even sleep with the window open.( Have electric basebaord heat ) that hasn't ever been turned on in our bedroom in the 22 years we've lived here LOL you can always put more bankets on if necessary.

Archived