Splenda user's beware!

Luna'sMom

Give me a break. Yeah, it's always passenger's fault..

We just back from Carnival (decided to stop being loyal to Royal) and there were tons of Splenda and sugar-free desserts available all the time.

On our 4 cruises on Explorer I asked many times why they can't provide ONE sugar-free dessert at breakfast. I wrote my concerns on comment cards, nothing. I heard many people who are diabetics like myself complained on Explorer about not having Splenda as a sugar substitute and sugar-free desserts at breakfast.Yes, I'm bringing Splenda with me now if I cruise with Royal Carribbean but I do not have to. Other lines somehow manage to do this right.

Yes, many people take more food that they need and there is a lot of waste. But I'm tired to be blamed as a passenger for anything that cruise company doesn't do right.

Dessert at breakfast?

DESSERT AT BREAKFAST?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I have not yet had a problem getting Splenda on RCI or Carnival. However, in the future to be safe I may start bringing some with us.

However, about the comment above... I have grabbed a few Tea packets or Hot Chocolate to take back to the cabin with me. There is certainly no rule that says I cannot have tea or hot chocolate in my cabin. I would not necessarily assume that just because someone takes a few, that they plan to take them home and stock up their cabinets. :rolleyes: Seems like so many are quick to assume the worst.

I didn't say "a few," I said "mass quantities." Sheesh. I've been known to take a couple (i.e. two or three) of Splendas or half & half containers back to my cabin, too, since room service normally gives non-dairy creamer (yech) and only pink or blue packets of sweetener. I wasn't referring to people who take a packet or two. I'm talking about people like the woman I saw emptying out the tea boxes, cramming at least 30 into her purse. I asked her why she didn't just take the entire box, and she scuttled away. I've seen people dump the entire sweetner container into their bags, too. And when it's happening on the last day of a cruise, you can't convince me that they're doing it for in-cabin consumption.

I'll be interested in the OP's review - giving the cruise a 5 out of 10 because of Splenda?? Sounds like someone who really has their priorities in order. ;)

Yep, John Henry beat me to it also - Desert at breakfast? What's that about? I've been know to down a few deserts in my day, but I tend ot wait at least until lunch. :D

I've never noticed people stealing things like that from the ship. It would never occur to me to do that, but you never know. :mad:

Thank you for posting this, OP. I'm not going to comment on whether or not it affected your cruise, as those kinds of things are more of a personal preference type of thing. However, I appreciate the heads up. I only use Splenda or an organic sugar substitute. I'm sure that they wouldn't have the latter, but just assumed they would have enough splenda out. It's true that in NYC they don't usually bring it out unless you ask because it is very expensive. I'm assuming its the same way here but don't want to risk them running out. I'm going to pack a bunch in my suitcase so that I have it if I need it. My coffee tastes weird to me without it :D

Archived