Mtd question

neptune18

Do we have to pay both dining room and cabin steward gratuities in advance?

The option to prepay gratuities covers all the crew that serve you during the course of your cruise. Remember that the crew that works in the dining room in the evening also work in all the other food service areas on the ship, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all those times in between, so even if you don't expect to eat dinner in the main dining room every night, they're still working hard to make your mealtime..in whatever venue...pleasurable.

Do we have to pay both dining room and cabin steward gratuities in advance?

yes, if you are doing MTD, then all tips are paid in advance. If you want to give extra to some of the staff, you will still get your envelopes at the end of the cruise. you can add cash and hand them out.

yes. We originally booked an 8:30 seating and then changed to MTD on the first day. Our seapass was charged ALL ship gratuities right then. Just a note on MTD, you will get a different server and table each night, no matter what time you make your reservation. And it seems to me that the best tables are reserved for the traditional dining guests.

And it seems to me that the best tables are reserved for the traditional dining guests.

I disagree - we got a table for 2 by the window every night with MTD - you could not get a better position.

To the OP -your prepaid grats cover: waiter, asst waiter, head waiter and room steward. Prepay for MTD and you prepay for all of them.

Whenever you buy a drink then there is 15% added to the bill (unless you are on Indie out of southampton) and this is the tip for the waiter who has served you. This is not included in the pre paid grats (although many people are under the impression they are)

yes. We originally booked an 8:30 seating and then changed to MTD on the first day. Our seapass was charged ALL ship gratuities right then. Just a note on MTD, you will get a different server and table each night, no matter what time you make your reservation. And it seems to me that the best tables are reserved for the traditional dining guests.

It must totally depend on the ship, because this was not true for us. We had MTD on Serenade, had the exact same waitstaff every night (never made reservations), sat in the same area every night, had a great location right by the windows, all 2 tops, was absolutely fabulous. Best service I have ever had on a cruise - simply exceptional.

We have also done MTD on Monarch, and same thing, same section and waitstaff every night.

It must totally depend on the ship, because this was not true for us. We had MTD on Serenade, had the exact same waitstaff every night (never made reservations), sat in the same area every night, had a great location right by the windows, all 2 tops, was absolutely fabulous. Best service I have ever had on a cruise - simply exceptional.

We have also done MTD on Monarch, and same thing, same section and waitstaff every night.

I have to agree with this...we did MTD on Serenade last year and we had a wonderful time...and yes..our service was exceptional as well

Archived