Canyon Ranch Spa on QM2 vs Spa on QV

GRHinPorts

I have just booked a Transatlantic crossing on the QM2 for next May. I have been on the QM2 beforehand but have never used the Canyon Ranch Spa. I have used the Spa on the Victoria but to be honest have come to the conclusion its not really worth the money since on the QV you can use the gym change rooms and sauna (which is all I want)

without any charge. I understand this is not the case on the QM2.

Can anyone tell me therefore what you get when using the Spa on the QM2 and how it compares with the QV?

Thanks.

The Queen Victoria Spa/Beauty/Hair leaves a lot to be desired.

I was most disappointed in May with all services.....quite shoddy IMHO!

Have only tried Canyon Ranch once on QM2, but can say that the whole experience was one that l would wish to repeat again.

Jackie :)

I agree. We booked a pass last October on QM2...... It's about as exclusive as a municipal swimming pool and is too small for the numbers who use it. The changing rooms were filthty and the staff indifferent.

It was the worst spa experience I've ever had either on land or at sea and was the only negative experience of our QM2 trip. I did however receive a full refund, but only after the intervention of the fanastic Concierge. NEVER again.

On another note, I understand that Canyon Ranch plan to have concessions on Regent's ships and the new Oceania Marina...

Well, I've sailed on the QM2 multiple times, and the Canyon Ranch Spa is one of the amenities I most look forward to. I always go to the spa on the first day and buy a pass for the entire trip.

In addition to the Aquatherapy pool, there is a Finnish sauna, an herbal sauna, a steam room, foot baths and a whirlpool. One of my daily rituals is to spend at least one hour there every day.

I've always found the staff in the men's locker room to be very friendly and helpful. My only (minor) complaint is that on this last trip (in July) there appeared to be an inordinant number of locks not working on the lockers in the men's locker room, making it difficult to find a place to lock up personal effects.

But in my experience, this is probably the best spa at sea.

my main complaint about the QM2 spa is that it was coed.......so I chose not to use it on our 13 day cruise!!!

when I asked the manager - they said they had been trying to chnage it to alternate men / women days.....he agreed the coed set up was not good.

my main complaint about the QM2 spa is that it was coed.......so I chose not to use it on our 13 day cruise!!!

I never even thought to ask about the spa being co-ed... most 'exclusive' (not in the municipal swimming pool way - that comment made me laugh) spas do have certain areas that are male-only or female-only. Are ALL of the spa saunas, pools, etc co-ed with the exception of the change rooms?

• 1 month later...

I sailed QM2 in May and June this year and found the Canyon Ranch to be well up to standards. Ahhhh the foot bath! :) The staff were all very good. There were no issues with staff attitudes, crowding or cleanliness nor did I hear of any. I think you would enjoy your experience. :cool:

I cannot help with how this compares to OV sad to say as I have not sailed with her. I hope this helps.

Adam

Hi

I thought the spa on QM2 was very good, so did my Mother, she's planning to drag my Father in there on their next crossing.

I wish I could tell you something of the one on QV. However the pool was closed and drained during my cruise. Thank you Cunard.

Hi

I thought the spa on QM2 was very good, so did my Mother, she's planning to drag my Father in there on their next crossing.

I wish I could tell you something of the one on QV. However the pool was closed and drained during my cruise. Thank you Cunard.

If you want to see some excellent photos of the QV, look at the link in Pepper's signature. Of course, he has excellent photos of the QM2 and the QE2, also.

Archived