International Cafe - your favorites

lovevacadays

The chicken salad is to die for! The second best I have ever tasted (Mine is slightly better). In the AM the chocolate croissants were wonderful. Rather than fight the crowds in the Horizon Court I would run downstairs in the morning and get two croissants before disappearing into the Sanctuary for the day.

Oh yes, at night anything on the tapas menu was great as well.

The croissants...no wait, the chicken salad..no make that the panninis...dang! I'm sorry but, I can't pick just one thing...it's all good. IC was my first stop each morning for coffee and just about anything they had in the display case. The freshly baked peanut butter cookies in the afternoon were sooo good. Love the IC :D

Do all Princess ships have the International Cafe?

Thanks,

RA

The Grand class ships are getting them as they are refitted - I think only the Diamond and Sapphire are missing the IC now.

My vote is also for the addictive Chicken salad but also the Tapas in the evening.

Ok...now I want the chicken salad...just over 2 months until I can get some. Questions for everyone about the IC...what acually cost there? I have read another thread that now the sushi and tapas are "free" (included in my cruise price). Does that also apply to the chicken salad and chocolate croissants?

Also - this is not to start a coffee thread, but is the IC one of the place with the brewed coffee that you can get with the coffee card? How about the specialty coffee drinks?

This may be my morning stop EVERY morning....yum-o.

Thank you

Ok...now I want the chicken salad...just over 2 months until I can get some. Questions for everyone about the IC...what acually cost there? I have read another thread that now the sushi and tapas are "free" (included in my cruise price). Does that also apply to the chicken salad and chocolate croissants?

Also - this is not to start a coffee thread, but is the IC one of the place with the brewed coffee that you can get with the coffee card? How about the specialty coffee drinks?

Thank you

the chicken salad and croissants have always been free. I have also read that the sushi and tapas are free. They were not free in March but it does seem like they are now from a few of the reports :)

The IC is one of the places to get brewed and speciality coffee.

Definitely a good place to stop EVERY day.

p.s. please do not tell anyone about the IC it is still a secret stop for most.

Thank you

the chicken salad and the choc croissants (and almonds ones:D) have always been free, and the brewed coffee and specialty coffees are available at the coffee bar counter right beside the IC...almost a one stop shop.

...and don't forget about the special pastries and cakes that start appearing just before noon.

I have also read that the sushi and tapas are free. They were not free in March but it does seem like they are now from a few of the reports :)

From what I have read on CC, I believe the now "no charge " sushi and tapas are from Vines. Apparently you are served sushi/tapas when you order wine in Vines which is across from the International Cafe.

A better question is "what ISN'T good in the IC"! Love the chocolate croissants, shrimp (huge!), marinated mushrooms, and the chicken salad. Sandwiches are nice for a quick lunch. Fresh baked cookies in the afternoon/evening are wonderful, too.

Mary Ellen - the chicken salad has large chunks of chicken in it, nuts, celery, and seasoning. It's very creamy and very good. I don't know what it is about salads, they always taste better when someone else makes them! I've attached a photo of the chicken salad and shrimp.

650250667_xnvBf-L.jpg.3a97d92b11c61628aec6c7e9d0ff2868.jpg

I have a question about the chicken salad at the International Cafe-is it an actual salad with chicken, or is it the kind of chicken salad that you would put a on a sandwich?

We just got off the Emerald and loved the International Cafe! I asked if they could put the chicken salad on a croissant or bread - the answer was no. So I got the regular chicken sandwich and the chicken salad and combined them on the bread - it was wonderful! My husband loved the tuna salad - which came as a sandwich.

1. the j-shaped glazed pastries in the a.m.

2. whatever gooey, creamy dessert appears around noon

We often are too full for dessert after dinner, and we love going down to the Int'l for coffee/tea and dessert. DH is a big coffee drinker, and he brings me a pastry every morning when he goes to get his first cup of the day.

A quick question--is there a grill for the sanwiches? We never got a sandwich, but if they grilled the proscuitto sandwich I'll bet it would be terrrific. I didn't see if there was a grill on the back counter.

Archived