Apartments in Barcelona/ City Zones

tcocktail

We are looking for an apartment precruise for three nights in Barcelona. Has anyone sayed in one that they can recommend?

what is the best part of the city to stay in for our short stay?

Hi tcocktail,

This particular apartment is highly recommended by some folks on CC.

http://www.vrbo.com/23937

Although I have to say that I am not impressed with the communications so far. The owner did not respond until after 2 emails were sent. She at that time told me she was on vacation and so will get in touch when she is back. Never heard back...so I have sent another 2 emails and I still have not heard so far. You may have better luck than me. I basically am giving up. It really annoys me when people do not respond. I believe this apartment is located in a pretty good area.

--Rebecca

Hi tcocktail,

This particular apartment is highly recommended by some folks on CC.

http://www.vrbo.com/23937

Although I have to say that I am not impressed with the communications so far. The owner did not respond until after 2 emails were sent. She at that time told me she was on vacation and so will get in touch when she is back. Never heard back...so I have sent another 2 emails and I still have not heard so far. You may have better luck than me. I basically am giving up. It really annoys me when people do not respond. I believe this apartment is located in a pretty good area.

--Rebecca

Hi,

We are quickly becoming acquianted. I am always careful when picking an apartment. I spent hours and hours looking for one in Rome last year and it turned out to be perfect. I will take a look at this one. If you are looking for one I will send you several that I have contacted and have had some good communication. It really is so much nicer to stay in an aprtment and you get a feel of the local color a bit more. We always eat our dinner out. Last year we had coffee and bagels in the morning.

I have often found response time to be very, very slow while using VRBO.com. Just be careful while reading the reviews there, as the owners choose which ones to post, and you rarely see a negative one.

We had a wonderful experience renting in London through vrbo, but a horrible one this summer in Athens. It was so filthy and awful, we left and went to a hotel.

http://www.vrbo.com/147936

Posted so you can see an example of the highly distorted reviews that can be posted. This apartment had a broken toilet seat and lid, no bathroom door, broken cooktop, the cupboards were full of open food packages and many bugs, especially ants. The air conditioning did not work, bedroom was used as a storage area, with a pile of broken director's chairs, bookcases full of many "interesting" things that did not look as if they had been dusted for at least ten years, etc.. The advertised WIFI did not work, batteries dead in the computer keyboard. The desk the computer was sitting on had drawers full of old prescription bottles, still filled with medicine, and I could go on and on. I wonder if the latest reviews were even real, because this was not where we stayed!

Just be careful of what you are doing and always pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charge if the apartment is not as promised.

What a nightmare in Athens, thanks for the tip. My friends who rented in Rome did it through vrbo.com. I did it through Sleep in Italy the rep Sabrina was excellent with me. I felt more comfortable going trough an agency.I also contacted someone who lives in the states that rented the apartment for reference Unfortunately in this liffe we need to check everything out.

I have often found response time to be very, very slow while using VRBO.com. Just be careful while reading the reviews there, as the owners choose which ones to post, and you rarely see a negative one.

We had a wonderful experience renting in London through vrbo, but a horrible one this summer in Athens. It was so filthy and awful, we left and went to a hotel.

http://www.vrbo.com/147936

Posted so you can see an example of the highly distorted reviews that can be posted. This apartment had a broken toilet seat and lid, no bathroom door, broken cooktop, the cupboards were full of open food packages and many bugs, especially ants. The air conditioning did not work, bedroom was used as a storage area, with a pile of broken director's chairs, bookcases full of many "interesting" things that did not look as if they had been dusted for at least ten years, etc.. The advertised WIFI did not work, batteries dead in the computer keyboard. The desk the computer was sitting on had drawers full of old prescription bottles, still filled with medicine, and I could go on and on. I wonder if the latest reviews were even real, because this was not where we stayed!

Just be careful of what you are doing and always pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charge if the apartment is not as promised.

I agree with you. I noticed that the reviews are always very good and never saw a negative one on Vrbo.

Hi,

We are quickly becoming acquianted. I am always careful when picking an apartment. I spent hours and hours looking for one in Rome last year and it turned out to be perfect. I will take a look at this one. If you are looking for one I will send you several that I have contacted and have had some good communication. It really is so much nicer to stay in an aprtment and you get a feel of the local color a bit more. We always eat our dinner out. Last year we had coffee and bagels in the morning.

Thanks! If you could email me the ones you have contacted, that would be great!

We have decided to only stay 2 nights post Barcelona (can only do one night pre cruise). So many of them have a minimum number of nights required for you to rent. I have picked one that looks very good but they emailed me back saying they require people to stay 5 nights or more.

My email is quanmama@yahoo.com

Archived