Which boat?

singing mommy

Ok - so we've done disney cruise...not in the price range this year. We have two very active and "kids club" boys who will be 2 and 6. Our little one will still in be diapers (unless the gods smile on us).

We are looking at Carnival Splendor and Liberty....would love to do Dream but the price may be a bit too high. I have lots of questions but let me start with one. Do either boats Sensation or Liberty have a splash area for "diaper" kids? It seems each boat is very different but can't get the info from website. Also- are the kids clubs good size?

Cant' tell you about the Carnival ships, but I can definitely recommend a Freedom Class ship on Royal Caribbean. They've got waterparks for the younger kids and a large kids club area.

They also have a "Royal Tots" club for toddlers. This is a parent-child program, so you don't drop your kids off. But they setup activities and play groups for the 1-2 year old cruisers.

we were on the sensation last month and really enjoyed it. There was 7 adults and 3 kids 14 months,4 and 6. They absolutely loved the waterworks and hardly used the pool. The baby played in the splash area as did other babies that I assumed were not potty trained. We looked all over for a sign and never saw one and nobody said any thing. We did keep a close eye on her to make sure to get her out if she needed a diaper change but she was mostly walking around and there really wasn't any standing water for her to sit in. If we take the grandkids again I am sure the ship will have to have the waterworks they would have stayed out there every minute if they could have

Thank you for the info! I'll check sensation out too - our 2 year old LOVES those little "splash-run-around in squirting water" areas....someone mentioned Carnival liberty has a "wading pool" inside of camp C. I think I may call Carnival and ask...unless someone has confirmation??? THANK YOU!!

Thank you for the info! I'll check sensation out too - our 2 year old LOVES those little "splash-run-around in squirting water" areas....someone mentioned Carnival liberty has a "wading pool" inside of camp C. I think I may call Carnival and ask...unless someone has confirmation??? THANK YOU!!

If you look on the wedsite at the ships diagrams, there is a very small wading pull on one of the upper decks near the bow of the ship. I think they are supposed to be potty trained for that too. It really isn't much, just a small oval of water.

The Sensation or any of the ships with the waterworks upgrade would probably be best. That would also include the Fantasy, Inspiration and Imagination.

I am not a fan of RCCL, and since they don't take 2's in their Camp Program, Carnival sounds like the best line for you right now.

Archived