Tortuga Rum Factory Tour

JOHN 57

Last Feb. when we were there, our sting ray tour was canceled due to rough seas so a small tour van needed 4 more people so we hopped in.

We stopped there and that is exactly what it is, but oh you can taste them all rums and the cakes!!! That was a lot of fun and they had really good prices. They also take the rum you purchase back to the ship for you. Ours was delivered as promised. So if you are out and about you might want to stop!!:)

So there is a store front for the Tortuga Rum Company at the pier itself?

Do they deliver to the ship for you or is it best to pick up your goodies as you head back to board the ship?

Are the prices cheaper at one location over the other?

Prices are a couple of dollars cheaper than ship- heres the deal if you take a picture of price in store Carnival will match it ( they say)- Yes they deliver to ship or you can carry it on yourself. The only difference at pier than factory shop is that they have less rum cake choices, and I am not sure at pier if they let you taste the liquor or not but if I remember correctly there was 10-14 different cake choices and you could taste test all of them. Julie G.

The cakes at the "store" are impressive. (i bet also fresher)

At the store we found a choc pineapple cake. Best I have ever tasted. I could never find it on the pier. Only the select few- (maybe three of five flavors.)

going to the store gives you a better selection.

Any alcohol you buy in grand cayman will be sent to the ship. You will not be able to purchase it and carry it with you

Archived