Solo cruisers search tab idea

cmhmarine

After reading just about every post on here about silversea, and being excited about my trip in two weeks on the Shadow. I have poured over Silversea's website and have one suggestion. Being a solo traveler and being aware of the single supplements and how they vary. I would suggest/wish there was an easier way for me to search/find the cruises that offered the single supps that were 125%-150%. I am planning on booking on board for my next voyage, and want to have an idea on which voyage to inquire about, but I have had to look at each voyage indiviually on every ship to narrow down my choices to those voyages that have the lower supps. Just and idea, as I have heard that some travel solo on SS.

What do some of the experienced SS cruisers do to find the best deals on solo cruises with SS? I know I could use a TA, but that takes some of the fun of planning away.

I dont think it would be hard to make that a drop down tab on the search engine to eliminate the cruises that have 200% single supps.

That's a great idea. The only thing I do is find the cruise that I want and then look at the fares. Somehow this year I was able to find a Caribbean cruise at 125% (they have since gone up to 150% on my November 13 Silver Shadow sailing), but I agree.....I have to click, check fares, click, check fares, etc. Actually this is the first Silversea cruise I've ever done; I've never seen single supplements this low before.

I guess I'm less inclined to pick a cruise by fare only...there are some things I'm just not interested in doing (I'd go insane on a transatlantic cruise with so many sea days). But I do agree on your point.

Jane

I have looked at every SS sailing and every price, checking out the single supplement....it is very time consuming and drives you crazy after a while

however since we are in the minority I can't imagine SS would change their website for us - I do like the idea though:)

At least the SS website states the % single supplement for each sailing & room category... Seabourn is more difficult, you find the cruise you like, get a quote and hope for the best. I've never been able to get a Seabourn quote under 175%.

Cheers

ging466

Archived