How late can you stay onboard at final port?

justlaff69

OP: They try to get the past passangers off as soon as possible so that they can get the ship ready to sail again with a new group. They pretty much give the ship a complete cleaning from one end to the other, load tons of supplies and make up 5000 plus beds. Head out for a day at south beach and enjoy yourself before heading home and the real world.

The latest I have ever stayed was 9:30 and that was because I had an excursion booked with them. You have to be out of your room early so they can clean. There are no activities going on, so there is not much left to do except eat. Once I get out of my room, I just want to get off the ship. There are people everywhere just waiting for their turn to leave.

Sorry..the latest I've ever been able to stay onboard is 10:30. You might check to see if they have any excursions offered. Sometimes there'll be an excursion where they'll take your luggage and you to the airport when it's over. A good way to spend a couple of hours and not have to worry about airport transfers and what to do with luggage.

10am is the latest I was able to stay...and we were kicked out of the room by about 830am. They need to make up all the rooms and restock everything for a cruise that leaves later that same day usually. Most everything on the ship is closed so there wouldnt be anything to do onboard anyway. Go explore Miami for a few...thats what we plan to do. Our flight isnt until 4pm so that gives us a few hours to blow before heading to the airport.

The lastest I have been able to stay on the ship was close to 11:00am. They made an announcement that if you were not off the ship in something like 10 minutes that you would be charged for another weeks cruise without the guarentee of a cabin. I think I was the second to the last one off of the ship. Upon exiting the ship I did receive a few dirty looks from the crew. Oh well :rolleyes:

We are cruising on the Carnival Liberty and when return to Miami, our flight isn't until 6:50pm.

We'd like to stay on the ship until they kick us off, does anyone know how late that would be?

I stay on untill they try to hand me a mop to start cleaning up... :D

you can chill out for a while to waste some time... Still rent a car and do something in Miami...

when step d out for breakfast in the morning they were rushing, cleaning cabin s..i think they re just waiting for guest to step out for any reason and they take over..cuz when we return d they had already clean d our cabin and our few carry-on s sat at just inside the cabin..

there were stewards everywhere so it was difficult to find a hiding place and as 9:30 neared they began *nicely* ushering guest towards the debarkation deck..:o

Remember how excited you were or will be to board the ship to begin your holiday?

Remeber reading all the threads asking "How early can I board the ship?".

Well, your holiday is now over and there are 3000 people waiting to begin their holiday.

Thanks for the info...

We've been cruisin before and dislike the cattle call of everyone trying to get off the boat at the same time.

Our plans were to pack the night before and let the porters worry about our lugagge.

Have breakfast while everyone else rushes off and stands in the LONG customs lines. And then leisure stroll off the boat.

We we get onboard we were going to check out shore excursions available when we return to Miami. I think they have an Everglades tour for $40.00. Just didn't know about the timing of it all.

We booked a later flight, mostly because of price but also, on our last cruise the Conquest limped in at 1pm to Houston.

Remember how excited you were or will be to board the ship to begin your holiday?

Remeber reading all the threads asking "How early can I board the ship?".

Well, your holiday is now over and there are 3000 people waiting to begin their holiday.

When we got off the Spirit last month I looked at the crew saying good-by to us and asked "Why are you throwing us off the ship, we do not want to leave". They just laughed and said, "It is time for you to go, others are waiting to have fun too". Not the answer I was hoping for :(

We just disembarked the Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday, 9/20/09. And the assistant cruise director come blasting over the PA system speaker (the one that's inside our cabin, not the one in the hallway) at 6:20am that we were now docked in Port Everglades (obviously early), and that self-assist would commence shortly. They clearly were taking advantage of our early arrival to give us the BOOT! She was very un-apologetic as she made announcements every 20 minutes or so, waking me up from my micro-sleep each time! The nerve! The short answer is that you do not have much time on the ship past 10AM.

Usually out of the cabin by 8:30 - off the boat by around 10

and yes - that's am!:(

I agree - they make it abundandantly clear with frequent announcements that we have enjoyed you, but it is time to go.

With a late flight, a strategy we use is to take a cab to the airport as soon as we are ready to leave, pick up a rental car we reserved for the day, and take off to some nice spot. We have had some delightful days - it is like getting another day of vacation. Beats sitting in the airport for so long!

Archived