Sky: Oslo Deck??

Jamrenjer

Gee thanks, Philob! Doesn't sound so good! Though we are usually early risers! It was an inside guarantee-- and this is supposed to be SUperior inside?? Can't beat it for $129 plus taxes... for 4 nights....

Thanks for the info.... so was it difficult to navigate? Or did you just get use to it??

I checked it out while on the Sky and it looked like a quiet area of the ship. A ramp next to a stairwell led up to it. It did appear to be inbetween two decks. On the ship it was labeled 6A deck. Superior insides are bigger than one would think.

Have a great trip. For that price the engine room would be great too!

coka

Gee thanks, Philob! Doesn't sound so good! Though we are usually early risers! It was an inside guarantee-- and this is supposed to be SUperior inside?? Can't beat it for $129 plus taxes... for 4 nights....

Thanks for the info.... so was it difficult to navigate? Or did you just get use to it??

Got used to it after the 1st full day. YMMV.

For that price the engine room would be great too!

coka

well said coka! i'm actually sailing in GTY inside on Sky this friday. i was really hoping to get the oslo deck just so i could see what it was like. i'm not sure why it's there, but it may have to do with the kids crew entrance being on deck 7 and then it goes down a deck inside and essentially 2 decks tall inside.

Stayed on 6A on Sky's sister ship, the Sun. Wow, it was great and soooo quiet. Like a little group of 'apartments' there in fact. Never heard any engine noise or anything like that. In fact, only the few people who "lived" there even bothered to come down the hall.

Perhaps it depends on what cabin you have?

Enjoy your cruise. The Sky is very manageable in size. Doesn't have the rock climbing, bowling, etc. like the new bigger ships but it's a pleasant cruising experience. We were on the Sky for 2 wks in the Caribbean several years ago.

If you get to meet CD Matt Baker, you'll have a fun cruise!

Archived