UK Price Drop Question

iantowns

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this cruise lark, so please be gentle with me....

We have booked a November 09 cruise through a major UK high street travel agent, and now we notice there has been a massive price drop for our cabin type. Something like 50%.

Is it even worth the phone call to the agent to see if they will pass on the saving, or am I wasting my time? And if so, what do I say/ask?

We have made final payment, if that is relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As long as it isnt a special one day sale price sort of thing and your category of cabin is showing available then you can still get a refund to your credit card. Contact your TA and request the refund.

If they get iffy about it...you can say it states in RCCL Terms and Conditions that price drops are given.

Good luck :D

Definitely call your TA.

We are booked to go on Mariner in a couple of weeks and booked with a high St TA - the one we always use (who is probably more best know for arranging Funerals).

Anyway, our cabin dropped and we had a choice of either a refund, or upgrade to GS. We took the upgrade of course, but there was no problem with the TA calling RCI and sorting it out for us.

Definitely call your TA.

We are booked to go on Mariner in a couple of weeks and booked with a high St TA - the one we always use (who is probably more best know for arranging Funerals).

Anyway, our cabin dropped and we had a choice of either a refund, or upgrade to GS. We took the upgrade of course, but there was no problem with the TA calling RCI and sorting it out for us.

Call your TA now!!

We are on FOS in Feb and this morning I got a £360 refund - well its been taken off our balance as we dont pay until November....we have also booked with the company who are known for arranging funerals!!

I had no problem and the TA said that there wasnt any quibble from RCI, despite what I've read on some posts on here about refunds not being honoured.

If you look at the RCCL website the Best Price Guarantee is now prominently displayed on the Home page. Call and get your money back :)

Oh how I wish that was true. Sadly, RCI UK don't advertise price drops/guarantees/promises - especially not on their Home page :eek:

You can find something resembling a price guarantee by reading between the lines somewhere in small print amongst the UK's t&cs.

Oh how I wish that was true. Sadly, RCI UK don't advertise price drops/guarantees/promises - especially not on their Home page :eek:

You can find something resembling a price guarantee by reading between the lines somewhere in small print amongst the UK's t&cs.

I totally agree, in the t&c's I think its 1 line that they dedicate to price guarantees....the only reason I kept checking prices was because of the info on here about it!

In Germany you only get the price drops 2 months before your cruise.

i think in Europe are the same rules but try maybe you get the price drop

our oktober cruise drops 100 € but we don´t get this while we are lower then 2 months away from the cruise :(

Hi everybody

I have a question slightly off topic but as most replies to this thread are from UK cruises hope you can help.

On my setsail pass it gives the option for NON US credit cards as option A or B can anyone tell me the best option to go with. Usually pay with a UK amex card but unsure if this is the best option.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Paul

Hi everybody

I have a question slightly off topic but as most replies to this thread are from UK cruises hope you can help.

On my setsail pass it gives the option for NON US credit cards as option A or B can anyone tell me the best option to go with. Usually pay with a UK amex card but unsure if this is the best option.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Paul

Hi Paul

Choose B :D

I use Amex card also and let them do the conversion ..always :D

Hi everybody

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Paul

B, always tick B :D however also check your seapass statement, I always tick B but twice they have reverted it back to A and them doing the conversion so i've had to go back at guest relations to make sure its changed :)

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this cruise lark, so please be gentle with me....

We have booked a November 09 cruise through a major UK high street travel agent, and now we notice there has been a massive price drop for our cabin type. Something like 50%.

Is it even worth the phone call to the agent to see if they will pass on the saving, or am I wasting my time? And if so, what do I say/ask?

We have made final payment, if that is relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you have not been onto your TA do it first thing in morning. Last year 2 weeks before we sailed on the legend I got £275 back through a price drop. This year I got £400 back off our November cruise and £450 off our March cruise to Dubai.

Archived