Upsell fairy Owner pad

geovet

I got a call today to go from my 4b to the owners pad. I sail in 4 days on the Inspiration. For just $1750, my family of four could have had the chance of the life time. Well, it was fun to listen to the sell. Sounds real nice. But at the end I told her that it was above my grade.:D

I got a call today to go from my 4b to the owners pad. I sail in 4 days on the Inspiration. For just $1750, my family of four could have had the chance of the life time. Well, it was fun to listen to the sell. Sounds real nice. But at the end I told her that it was above my grade.:D

I would have done the same. That is a lot of money

I swear, I think the Upsell/Upgrade fairy is an urban legend. October 4th will be our 8th Carnival Cruise and we never EVER get the upsell call, the free upgrade, nada! We've booked with a Carnival PVP, we have booked with a brick and mortar travel agent, we have booked with dot coms.

<sigh> I may not be able to afford it but I sure would like to be asked!

I got the call today. I booked with a PPV who is no longer with Carnival so he didn't help me. I booked an inside guarantee and was offered a 9A extended balcony for an additional $300.00 total for the two of us. I grabbed that up quickly and I am so excited. I have had free upgrades several times but this was the best and was such a good price.

I swear, I think the Upsell/Upgrade fairy is an urban legend. October 4th will be our 8th Carnival Cruise and we never EVER get the upsell call, the free upgrade, nada! We've booked with a Carnival PVP, we have booked with a brick and mortar travel agent, we have booked with dot coms.

I thought that as well until last November. I got the upgrade fairy call for a free upgrade from an Interior Spa cabin to a Balcony Spa Cabin.

Then it seems now every cruise we get an UPSELL call. Last week they wanted $750.00 to go from a 6B to a Cat 12. We said no.

I would love to get an upsell call, I went thru a TA and called him this morning, the price went down and he put in for a OBC, and I asked hime to put my name down for the upsell call, he said I can put you in a balcony for 270 more and no obc. That is what the price is online, that is no deal and he has no clue what an upsell is. Will never go TA again.

Lets make an 'unreasonable guesstimate' that Carnival calls a QUARTER OF A MILLION people a year with upsell calls. An awful lot of calls, but only a tiny percentage of the total number of passengers booked. It was the same in the 'upgrade fairy' days. Many got free surprise upgrades, but that many was only a small percentage of the total pax.

50 cruises, I have been upgraded ONCE out of category. ONCE! But I probably beat the odds in that one upgrade!

I also think the upsell fairy comes more often now, due to the economy. Probably a lot of people cancelled their cruise plans, or cancel at the last possible moment, hoping for an upswing which really hasn't come yet. Ships don't like to sail with unfilled cabins, so they upsell/upgrade people to the more expensive ones, leaving the cheaper cabins, which are easier to sell off at the last minute. Didn't get our upsell call till 2 weeks before we sailed.

Archived