TA April

Atlanta_Cruiser

Hi,

I just signed up for Grand Princess for a TA crossing. I have only sailed once before on Princess, the Caribbean, and it was a very nice. At that time I stayed in the Mini -suite dolpin deck..loved the uncover deck and all the sun. This time I am downsizing to a Oceanview Double with Balcony since I am going solo. BC - B639. Can anyone tell me information about this room or the BC Category?

Thank you,

Cory jo.

Most balcony cabins are identical inside, the main difference will be location. Those on Caribe Deck have a larger balcony 9X9, where as most other regular balcony cabins will have a 9X5 balcony size. The mini suite on Dolphin Deck has a 9X7 balcony (for comparison).

Balcony cabins on Princess are more or less just a bedroom area. You will not have the sitting area with sofa, or the larger bathroom with tub in a balcony stateroom. Instead, you will have one upholstered chair, and one desk chair in the cabin. The balcony stateroom will be about half the size of the mini you had previously.

If I were you, and you enjoyed the mini suite you had last time, I would watch prices closely. Sometime mini suite prices will drop and you can switch for very little extra. No set patter as to when or if the prices will drop (if they drop), you just have to monitor them and keep your eyes open if/when they do.

Good Luck and have a great cruise.

We signed up for a BC Baja balcony cabin on this cruise several months ago. Partly, because during our TA last April, we missed docking in Dover and our first trip to London due to high winds. Looking forward to lots of sea days hoping we get to stop in Bermuda. There is an active roll call, but it is mostly gossip.

Archived