Ta has offered to pay the difference on a mistake he made.....

wizard-of-roz

[COLOR=indigo][B]I emailed my TA this morning [sending him a copy of his words to me, inwhich he asks if I want him to pay the difference], I told him "yes" and reminded him of the business I have given him over the past 4 years, as well as my friends and family. I requested that he send my invoice.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B][U]Here is his response:[/U] [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Howdy, I am grateful for your business as well as the business you have sent my way over the years. I do not see where I made any kind of mistake on this one. I will gladly pay 1/2 of the difference or $30 in good faith to retain your business. I hope this will be acceptable to you. I will send the confim. to you later this afternoon." [/FONT][/I][/B][/COLOR]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][B]I will accept the $30 but he will get NO FUTURE business from me or my friends/family. I hope it was worth it to him!!!!!!!![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][B]Thanks again, for all your input.....I truly appreciate it. It was very helpful! :)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Sounds like the only solution the TA is willing to accept. I thought he admitted the mistake at first, butthen in his final email he seems to indicate that he made no mistake :rolleyes:.

Sounds like you have accepted the outcome of a 50/50 split on the $60. I hope he can accept the outcome of all the lost future business. There are lots of hunger TA's out there I'm sure you will find a better one.

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B][U]Here is his response:[/U] [I][FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Howdy, I am grateful for your business as well as the business you have sent my way over the years. I do not see where I made any kind of mistake on this one. I will gladly pay 1/2 of the difference or $30 in good faith to retain your business. I hope this will be acceptable to you. I will send the confim. to you later this afternoon." [/FONT][/I][/B][/COLOR]
[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Green]What a jerk. Dump this TA ASAP. Obviously, your business with him is not important enough to warrant him admitting to the mistake. Take your $$ elsewhere.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Green]I would forward the emails to his boss when you inform them about the loss of your future bookings.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I would dump this TA in a New York minute. If this is an oversight on his part, that's different, but a mistake is a mistake and he has to step up to the plate. My TA would never do that. I would also call carnival ASAP, report the TA to them, as well as ask if carnival can transfer the booking to them and from the TA. Then the TA would not get commission on it. ALSO, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR TA BACK AND POST A LINK TO THIS THREAD. His reaction would be worth paying the $30.

wow- I've been preoccupied the past couple days so I havent kept up with the threads on here much. So I am just now reading through this.

My response to his initial question would have been something like:
"I am afraid I don't understand your question. It was my understanding that you offered to cover the difference. One of the reasons I choose to book with a TA is I like having someone else take care of the details for me. If I need to book direct in order to lock in a price, please let me know so I can be prepared to do that in the future."

I might even be tempted to send something to that effect now.

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]I emailed my TA this morning [sending him a copy of his words to me, inwhich he asks if I want him to pay the difference], I told him "yes" and reminded him of the business I have given him over the past 4 years, as well as my friends and family. I requested that he send my invoice.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][B]I will accept the $30 but he will get NO FUTURE business from me or my friends/family. I hope it was worth it to him!!!!!!!![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][B]Thanks again, for all your input.....I truly appreciate it. It was very helpful! :)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

What a jerk, guess he is going to be loosing a lot of business from now on, oh well.

If he has a boss, which I am sure he does, you really should make sure said boss knows about this. In fact you may want to consider turning over the cruise to another TA.

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]and, now is [U]asking me if I want him to really make-up[/U] the difference in a mistake [he made] [U]out of his pocket[/U]......he won't send the receipt for deposit and final payment until I reply via email.......[U]What would you do![/U] I haven't replied yet! [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Yes, he did make a mistake and forgot to call me back ASAP for deposit money to hold a particular cabin for a particular price....he said, "the offer expired!" [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Mind you, I have booked about 11 cruises with him......I know these guys don't make a lot of money but, I think he needs to "eat" this one! We're talking $60.00.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#4b0082]What's your thought????? :rolleyes:[/COLOR][/B]

Everyone makes mistakes and since it was his oversight, IMHO he should weigh the fact that you're a good client and just pay the $60. It would not only be the right thing to do but also speak volumes about his character as a TA. Just my opinion:)

[quote=hotjavalex;21380520[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=black]][/COLOR]"I am afraid I don't understand your question. It was my understanding that you offered to cover the difference. One of the reasons I[U] choose to book with a TA is I like having someone else take care of the details for me[/U]. [U]If I need to book direct in order to lock in a price, please let me know so I can be prepared to do that in the future."[/U][/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=indigo]This is it!!!!!!! It's exactly what I need to say to him. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#4b0082]THANK YOU!!!!![/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz']
[B][COLOR=indigo]This is it!!!!!!! It's exactly what I need to say to him. [/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#4b0082]THANK YOU!!!!![/COLOR][/B][/quote]

Please write back and let us know his response! [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/BlueC5Kitten/GIFs/thumbsup.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]I emailed my TA this morning [sending him a copy of his words to me, inwhich he asks if I want him to pay the difference], I told him "yes" and reminded him of the business I have given him over the past 4 years, as well as my friends and family. I requested that he send my invoice.[/B][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=indigo][B]Thanks again, for all your input.....I truly appreciate it. It was very helpful! :)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

First he said he made a mistake and made a half hearted offer to pay for that mistake. Then he turns around and denies a mistake but offers to pay half. If you ask me he just told you everything you needed to know about him.

You are nothing more than just a number to him. A voice on the other end of the phone that sends him money.

I would say ethics and integrity come into play here.

I see you have two cruises booked. Did you book both with him? Can you cancel them and rebook?

I would do that and also contact his boss.

Yes it is only 60.00 but if he is so quick to rip you out of that small amount what else he is doing? :confused:

Let us know how it turns out.

He let you know what he thinks of you, now let him know what you think of him.

[quote=Cruisin' Ron VA;21381010]First he said he made a mistake and made a half hearted offer to pay for that mistake. Then he turns around and denies a mistake but offers to pay half. If you ask me he just told you everything you needed to know about him.

You are nothing more than just a number to him. A voice on the other end of the phone that sends him money.

I would say ethics and integrity come into play here.

I see you have two cruises booked. Did you book both with him? Can you cancel them and rebook?

I would do that and also contact his boss.

Yes it is only 60.00 but if he is so quick to rip you out of that small amount what else he is doing? :confused:

Let us know how it turns out.

He let you know what he thinks of you, now let him know what you think of him.[/quote]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Yep! You guessed it! Both upcoming cruises are with him. I always thought I was a pretty tough cookie. [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B]I know if it were my DH, he'd have kissed him good-bye on the first email.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B]I have time to make changes......I want to see what he's going to give me on OBC's.......My DH thinks he's going to make-up for it with credits. No money out of his pocket, just the companies![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='CapeCodCruiser']I would probably put it right back on him and email him back something like "because of our long history I'll trust you to do what you think is right"

You may end up paying the $60 but you will learn what your TA is made of!

It really is kinda weasely of him to offer and then ask you if you "really" want him to cover the diff.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]Best advise I've seen out of all of them..... this gives him the opportunity to prove he is a good TA. If he expects you to pay for his mistake, I would shop around for another TA. Makes you wonder how many other people he has "guilted" into letting him off the hook!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

simple..send him a link to this thread
with cc. to his boss and CCL..

no use in dealing with this TA any longer..as he s proven , he s not appreciative of your past business and doubt in the future..

this is a very good example of man with the spine of worm..not
willing to man up to his mistake..and now he s trying to share his shame
with you..:cool:

WOW! If I were you, I'd rebook BOTH of the cruises I had booked with this A$$ - how unprofessional can you get?! Re-book and then send copies to him AND his boss. I'd do it even if it cost me more than $60 to get it done. It's the principal of the thing - HE SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY MORE MONEY FROM YOU!!

In a way I think this is a good example of why you should always use a TA that is local and you can actually go see them. In the office I use to work at, we had a lot of long term clients who would come to the office just to chat and they always had trips booked. We knew there families and they knew ours so it would have been next to impossible to try to screw them over if we made a mistake. We always made things right if we ever encountered a problem.

Dealing with someone over the internet or phone, eventhough the deals would be great you never really develop a personal relationship with that person and I think that some agents at big internet agencies feel as if there will always be another call or email from someone else if you stop using them. Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]and, now is [U]asking me if I want him to really make-up[/U] the difference in a mistake [he made] [U]out of his pocket[/U]......he won't send the receipt for deposit and final payment until I reply via email.......[U]What would you do![/U] I haven't replied yet! [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Yes, he did make a mistake and forgot to call me back ASAP for deposit money to hold a particular cabin for a particular price....he said, "the offer expired!" [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Mind you, I have booked about 11 cruises with him......I know these guys don't make a lot of money but, I think he needs to "eat" this one! We're talking $60.00.[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#4b0082]What's your thought????? :rolleyes:[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

His mistake, his lunch. Nothing personal, just business.

I would accept his offer to rectify his foul up!

The fly in the ointment is the guilt trip he is laying on you. That tells me he will try to make up his loss at your expense in the future. So after taking the trip that you planned to take at the price you planned to spend. I would find another TA.
Business is business.

EDIT.

I just read where he back peddled and now wants the customer to pay $30.00 for nothing. Assuming the OP is right. I would find another TA and book [hold] the cruise with them and cancel with this bozo.

[quote name='TahoeBob']How true. One person posted [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B]"Is $60 worth ruining the relationship"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] or at least putting a ding in the relationship. What if you said, lets split it -- $30 me, $30 you . . . .to mend fences . . . .

The part in red is the most important thing most people get wrong. You do not have a relationship with this TA. The TA has a client and the end user business they work with.

Many people say they like there TA because they take care of them, while this may be true the real reason they take care of you is because they are good business people. A good business person would not ask a client if they wanted them to fix the problem they created. A good business person would fix the problem they created with out even asking.

if I was asked by a TA if I wanted them to correct a problem they created and would cost me money. they would have lost my business so fast it would not be funny[/quote]

I don't think Roz should have to pay anything, I think the TA should. He did not return her calls or emails for 4 days, so I think he should pay all of it, not 50/50.

[quote name='Essiesmom']I suspect the TA does not want to admit to the boss that he made a mistake. Perhaps it has happened before and he is on shaky ground. Not YOUR problem, but his. Make him pay. EM[/quote]

This is what I was thinking as well, for some reason he does not want it to show up anywhere. Roz, I work in a call center and deal with mistakes all the time and I will admit, I have made them to, but, not once have I ever asked one of my customers to cover my butt by asking them to pay for my mistake. If he has made this mistake with you, how many others has he done this to and by holding your booking information and receipts is blackmail in my estimation. If you like the company that you are booking through, then stay with the company, but don't use this weasel anymore, because something tells me he has done this to others and they went ahead and paid it and got him off the hook for his mistake. Just my opinion.

Archived