Bangkok Day Tours - anyone ever used them?

tommui987

Has anyone ever used Bangkok Day Tours?

Would be interested to know their reputation and your experiences with them.

Thanks!

Had a great day tour to Ayutthaya booked through BDT. We were met by Dennis at the cruise terminal at Laem Chabang. Was not cheap but car was spotless (brand new?) and tour guide twho met us when we arrived in Ayutthaya terrific. Dropped us at Pattaye to the door of the hotel we stayed overnight (Pattaya was another story all together). A fantastic day. More detailed info if you go to our travelpod log of our holiday (link below).

pete

They seems to have been used by many cruisers from a variety of cruise ships.

#6 Report Post

Old January 7th, 2009, 04:14 AM

Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Bangkok Day Tours

My wife and I just returned from a cruise on Azamara Quest with Bangkok one of the stops. We and another couple booked a full day tour to the Tiger Temple and Bridge on the River Kwai with Bangkok Day Tours. Dennis Hansen, a New Zealander and the owner of Bangkok Day Tours, appeared at the pier promptly on time with a very nice 7 passenger van, driver and one of his employed guides. We had a perfect day with them. The next day we had Dennis take us through the Royal Palace in Bangkok. Based on our experience we would definitely use Bangkok Day Tours again should we ever be back in Bangkok. Highly recommended.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

CHLVE

View Public Profile

Find all posts by CHLVE

Add CHLVE to Your Contacts

#5 Report Post

Old January 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM

Cool Cruiser

Sorry for not having posted earlier about my experiences with Bangkok Day Tours...had a wonderful day with them going to Tiger Temple (and on the way, the floating market and the Bridge on the River Kwai) Our guide, Maya, was delightful and we couldn't have asked for a better companion.

HAL Rotterdam New England/Canada

HAL Veendam Alaska

Celebrity Constellation Baltic

Sapphire Princess Sydney to Auckland

Diamond Princess Bangkok to Beijing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=982939

Klongmaster,

Have you heard of Tony's/Asia Tour Center, Ltd/tigertemplethailand DOT com? We are booked with them since they were recommended on CC and also less than Bangkok Day Tours for what we wanted to book (They also are upgrading us to a limo at no additional cost). Since Tony (business now run by Ken) is Aussie I'm wondering if there is any relationship if any? I asked and was just told the two companies are competitors.

Thanks.

J.

This is the company I am booked with. Do you know their reputation?

Ken.

Asia Tour Center. Ltd.,

38 Asoke Place 96, Floor 11.

Soi 21 Asoke Road.

Bangkok, 10110.

Thailand.

www.thailandtourscenter.com

Reccommended Hotels for pick up: www.hotelbookingbangkok.com

MSN: thaitraveller79@hotmail.com

Mob: Intl +66-83-777-8006

Mob: Local:083-777-8006

Tel: Intl: +66-2-664-2225:: Local: 02-664-2225

Fax: Intl: +66-2-664-2841 :: Local: 02-664-2841

bruce@hellfirepass.com

CC to: hellfirepass@gmail.com

www.hellfirepass.com

www.tigertemplethailand.com

They seems to have been used by many cruisers from a variety of cruise ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=982939

Klongmaster,

Have you heard of Tony's/Asia Tour Center, Ltd/tigertemplethailand DOT com? We are booked with them since they were recommended on CC and also less than Bangkok Day Tours for what we wanted to book (They also are upgrading us to a limo at no additional cost). Since Tony (business now run by Ken) is Aussie I'm wondering if there is any relationship if any? I asked and was just told the two companies are competitors.

Thanks.

J.

Yes they are just competitors. No relation between the two companies. A couple of things though:

1. I think you'll find 'Tony' aka 'Bruce' is a Kiwi not and Aussie.
  2. Their 'limo' is a two year old Toyota. Hardly what i would call a limo.

Regarding the price. In the end you get what you pay for so a close reading of the fine print might be a good idea.

Either way, I'm sure your time in Bangkok will be memorable.

Yes they are just competitors. No relation between the two companies. A couple of things though:

1. I think you'll find 'Tony' aka 'Bruce' is a Kiwi not and Aussie.
  2. Their 'limo' is a two year old Toyota. Hardly what i would call a limo.

Regarding the price. In the end you get what you pay for so a close reading of the fine print might be a good idea.

Either way, I'm sure your time in Bangkok will be memorable.

Yes, I know its a 2008 Toyota (originally they suggested I book it for an additional 1,000 baht and I wasn't interested in paying more)

Yes, I meant to say Kiwi as I was told (someone on CC said Aussie so I forgot). There wasn't a big difference in price but anything involving Kanchanburi and tigers is already high. I think it was Bangkok Day Tours whose Tiger Temple itinerary price was for leaving right after lunch, (so a shorter tour) while Tonys pricing was for leaving kanchanburi at 5:00pm (although we are planning to leave earlier, but still time to ride elephants etc.), plus when I booked I had only seen reviews on CC for Tonys and not for Bangkok Day Tours.

Btw, I already love Thailand as I lived and worked there in the early 90's.

Archived