Sunblock in January?

Belgarion42

We'll be on the Vision of the Seas Jan. 23-30, 2005, and I'm wondering if we'll need bunblock at this time of year. I know it'll be somewhat warm there, but I have no idea what the UV levels will be like. I burn pretty easily during the summer, but I'm usually OK the rest of the year.

So, what do you all think?

Thanks!

- Randy

Yes, you will need bunblock and sunblock, too! May as well protect ALL bodyparts! I actually use sunblock on my face and hands every day of my life, rain or shine. 80% of skin aging is caused by the sun and the damage is cumulative.

Yes, you will need bunblock and sunblock, too! May as well protect ALL bodyparts!

And here that's what I thought the swimsuit was for. :) I guess that's what I get for not proofreading carefully enough.

Thanks for the input. We'll be sure to take ... and use ... our sunblock.

- Randy

I see a lot of lobsters come winter in PV. People forget this time of year the sun is closer to the earth even if it feels cooler. Also, even with clouds, you can get a sunburn, the UV rays still filter through the clouds and you will not feel the burn coming on like you will with the sun shining.

Wear a hat if you have thin/fine hair. I didn't wear one on a cruise a few years back, and after a full day on the pool deck, I had a heck of a time brushing my hair the next morning!:eek: youch!

hi randy,

Snap !! , we are also on the Vision on the 23rd but will be in vegas for a few days first .I have checked the long range forecast for both places and yes we will need sunblock in Mexico perhaps just sunglasses in Vegas !!

My husband has already had a skin cancer scare. He used to sit for hours by the pool but not anymore. It isn't worth it. As the Aussies say:- slip,slap,slop.

heather.

hi randy,

Snap !! , we are also on the Vision on the 23rd but will be in vegas for a few days first .I have checked the long range forecast for both places and yes we will need sunblock in Mexico perhaps just sunglasses in Vegas !!

My husband has already had a skin cancer scare. He used to sit for hours by the pool but not anymore. It isn't worth it. As the Aussies say:- slip,slap,slop.

heather.

Heather,

I'm glad to see someone else who's going to be on the Vision with us! Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle? Right now it doesn't look like we'll have the necessary 25 people, but you never know. It would be nice to get to meet some CC people on the trip.

- Randy

Archived