What's the deal with the hump cabins???

I<3Cruises

I was just wondering what the deal is with the hump cabins....I see threads about them but dont see the big deal...I was looking into one on the Navigator, but wasnt sure if i should take it....Are the balconies any bigger, are the rooms different. Any info is appreciated

Thanks

I was just wondering what the deal is with the hump cabins....I see threads about them but dont see the big deal...I was looking into one on the Navigator' date=' but wasnt sure if i should take it....Are the balconies any bigger, are the rooms different. Any info is appreciated

Thanks[/quote']

Pictures are worth more than words. These are the Humps on the Voyager and Radiance class ships.

It is the location and the view that is so special to many of us. Right near the elevators and stairs makes it

easy to get around the ship faster. ;)

As you can see they bow out from the ship.

These Voyager Hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in their category and have the same size balcony.

(On the Radiance class ships especially, there are Hump cabins with bigger balconies.)

All of these cabins are in a great location, have a great view, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views. ;)

This is a picture of the Mariner and the Hump cabins on one side of her. Port Side. The Starboard side of her is exactly the same as this.

humpcabintouchedup.jpg

Below is a view of the Radiance class hump cabins. You can see the balconies are quite large on some of them.

With the elevators on one side of that class ship, there are not as many of the Hump cabins.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68676&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1201541348

Below is the Voyager Class and you can see the Hump cabins and balconies are all the same size. It looks exactly like this on the other side of the hump also.

That very tiny extra space you see on the balcony is actually in the cabin itself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81571&stc=1&d=1212986405

The draw of the "hump" is mainly convenience..they are steps from the elevators/stair and make coming and going a breeze! No noise from the elevator foyer.

Only the Radiance class hump balconies have varying size balconies....the cabins themselves on all ships are the same on the hump as anywhere else on the ship per catagory.

It's the convenience!

We had a hump cabin for the first time ever on our last cruise. We were fortunate enough to have the center cabin, so we literally looked out and saw everything going forward and everything behind us.

Its unlike a regular side balcony because you have your neighbor right on either side of you. In the center hump you have just one neighbor, and the others are just staggered a little behind. (See Alexis' pictures).

The way we look at it: hump and some aft balconies offer something a little bit extra, but for no extra charge, so why not take advantage of them?

Alexis you just showed our Room on the Mariner #8620 for our April 2011 Cruise. Thank You. :)

Gay

Center Hump. ;)

I had #8320 on the Navigator, Starboard side. :D #8318 on the Mariner twice. :D

A little hint. It is like an air tunnel in the halls, so you might hear a slight whistle when you are sailing. Roll up a towel and place it on the floor in front of the cabin door. No more whistle. :D

I love that location and have #8318 on my next two B2B's on the Adventure.

Have a great cruise. :)

The draw of the "hump" is mainly convenience..they are steps from the elevators/stair and make coming and going a breeze! No noise from the elevator foyer.

Only the Radiance class hump balconies have varying size balconies....the cabins themselves on all ships are the same on the hump as anywhere else on the ship per catagory.

It's the convenience!

I always feel like I have an ECHO ECHO. :D

Which are your Hump favorites, on what ships?

We love the hump balconies. One of the reasons I book so early. We had the exact center of the hump on Serenade this year and have humps on the Serenade again for a B2B in 2011. On Oasis I had to go with a balcony on the side of the hump just because the D8 balconies are not available on humps. But that is okay, I will still be on Oasis. But on Serenade the humps are great b/c if you have a regular balcony on the sides of the hump, you cannot see straight down, with the humps you can.

We just got back from a 5 night cruise aboard Jewel in cabin 9092. It was WONDERFUL. The balcony was fantastic - two lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table, with PLENTY of room to walk around. And everyone is correct - the views are insanely wonderful. Check out this sunset taken from my balcony as we departed Boston on 9/14 :)

100_2976.jpg.ee4a593f241fbaa5c9c6550b96cdba82.jpg

ok every one do not book a Hump go for the aft Humps are in the middle and what happens in the middle of the ship well every thing people get off elevators in the middle and head off in different directions talking

as bad as being in a hospital bed and people walking down the hall talking while you are trying to sleep been there I am a 4 year cancer surviver and thrilled at that and at going on a center hump Jan 2010 on the Mariner

tongue in cheek

I had my first huimp Sept 2008 for a Alaska cruise on the Serende and loved it but hey If I can get people to take the afts then I cant get Humps haha ok its late time to sleep

Archived