Noordam cabin selection

minnie mommie

If the SS stateroom is on the deck below the Lido Deck, be prepared for some possible noise from the moving of chairs on the deck above. It is always better to be on a deck sandwiched between two other decks that have only passenger cabins.

On the other hand, the VD and the SS are two totally different cabin categories. One will have move space in the SS and your verandah will be larger.

Thank you for your input. Have you been on this ship??? This would be our first time with HAL. I do like that the ss category is larger. I noticed some of the ss cat rooms are under the Lido restaurant and some are under the Lido pool area, so I'm assuming that being under the pool could be a problem with noise from moving chairs around.

Yes, I have sailed on the Noordam twice and have another cruise booked on her for January. I would not count on hearing no noise just because the cabin is under the Lido Restaurant. If you like this category of stateroom--the Superior Verandah Suite--my recommendation is that you consider booking a SY category. (This is what I have booked before.) It is exactly the same type of accommodation as the SS, but has the advantage of having a deck of staterooms above and below the deck the SY cabins are on.

Archived