Hilton Long Beach- Carnival Rate?

kandlwed

Hi,

I just got quoted a rate of $89 per night at the Hilton Long beach. Great deal, but I wanted to know if anyone has used this promotion? The agent on the phone said, with the rate quoted it includes free R/T shuttle to the cruise terminal, free parking while we are on the cruise and 2 free drink coupons. Did you all get that? When I got my confirmation via email, it stated additional charges of $15/day for self parking. Just want to make sure we get what they quoted.

Thanks! :-)

Hi,

I just got quoted a rate of $89 per night at the Hilton Long beach. Great deal, but I wanted to know if anyone has used this promotion? The agent on the phone said, with the rate quoted it includes free R/T shuttle to the cruise terminal, free parking while we are on the cruise and 2 free drink coupons. Did you all get that? When I got my confirmation via email, it stated additional charges of $15/day for self parking. Just want to make sure we get what they quoted.

Thanks! :-)

You need to call the hotel and ask them to email you a receipt that includes the free parking written on there somewhere. Print a copy of that and bring it with you when you check in. Too many things can happen that may cause you a headache when you go to check in and your reservation shows that parking charge is $15/day. Better to be safe in this case. Employees change as do promotions offered get it in writing :) Enjoy your cruise! I loved Long Beach. If you get a chance to get down by the water stop at the Yard House for their yard of beer. There was something like 250 taps of draft beer. Dh was in his glory :)

You need to call the hotel and ask them to email you a receipt that includes the free parking written on there somewhere. Print a copy of that and bring it with you when you check in. Too many things can happen that may cause you a headache when you go to check in and your reservation shows that parking charge is $15/day. Better to be safe in this case. Employees change as do promotions offered get it in writing :) Enjoy your cruise! I loved Long Beach. If you get a chance to get down by the water stop at the Yard House for their yard of beer. There was something like 250 taps of draft beer. Dh was in his glory :)

Thanks! I emailed back to the confirmation and am waiting to hear back. If I don't hear back via email today, I will call them tomorrow to get something in writing.

The Yard House sounds great! Thanks for the tip!!!

Wow, this is a great deal! I live in downtown Long Beach, and the location is perfect! Can you tell me who you spoke with, I would like to inquire about this rate also.

My fiance and I are getting married aboard the Splendor, and I'm kicking him out the night before, so we won't see each other. I was looking for something close to us and reasonable, this is perfect!

Wow, this is a great deal! I live in downtown Long Beach, and the location is perfect! Can you tell me who you spoke with, I would like to inquire about this rate also.

My fiance and I are getting married aboard the Splendor, and I'm kicking him out the night before, so we won't see each other. I was looking for something close to us and reasonable, this is perfect!

First of all, congratulations on your up coming wedding! My husband and I got married while on a curise in 2008... it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called Hilton's 800 number and talked to one of their agents. I took a few times of telling him that it was not the snooze and cruise rate, but the carnival rate of $89. He was very nice and finally found it and his supervisor told him that it was not just for Carnival employee and that anyone could book it. I had to be kind of persistant, in a very nice way. The agent and I were buddies after the call and he said he learned something new today. :-)

Again, make sure you tell whomever you talk to it is not the snooze and cruise rate (which was $174), but the Carnival rate of $89 with parking, transportation and 2 free drink coupons.

Good luck!!!

Kandlewed-

I knew your board name sounded familiar! I think I've seen a couple of your posts over on the Honeymoon & Wedding Boards!

Thanks again for the tip, I'll be calling them tonight! Just the free parking alone makes this deal worth it!

Kandlewed-

I knew your board name sounded familiar! I think I've seen a couple of your posts over on the Honeymoon & Wedding Boards!

Thanks again for the tip, I'll be calling them tonight! Just the free parking alone makes this deal worth it!

You are very welcome! I will keep everyone posted on what I hear from Hilton about all that is included. :-)

We are sailing out of LB on the Splendor next month and just yesterday switched our pre-cruise hotel reservation to the Hilton with the Carnival rate from another hotel that was twice as much and no cruise package, so we're saving like $180. It won't matter if they do charge us the one night $15 parking fee, we're still way ahead! You can make this reservation online by using corp code 5150026, but if you care about the $15 parking, you might still have to call the hotel directly.

We are sailing out of LB on the Splendor next month and just yesterday switched our pre-cruise hotel reservation to the Hilton with the Carnival rate from another hotel that was twice as much and no cruise package, so we're saving like $180. It won't matter if they do charge us the one night $15 parking fee, we're still way ahead! You can make this reservation online by using corp code 5150026, but if you care about the $15 parking, you might still have to call the hotel directly.

If it is just one night, I am all good with that. I was just hoping it was not $15/per night while we are gone. It really is an amazing deal either way!

I think the $15 parking is per day, if I'm not mistaken? I know parking is at a premium down there. Correct me if I'm wrong?

No, the $15 is for just the one night you are staying there, part of the Carnival package is up to 7 nights of free parking while you're on the cruise. Go to the Hilton website and put in the corp code 5150026 to see the details.

I just called the Hilton and it does include the parking. So, it is $102.39 per room and it includes the following:

-Free wireless internet

-Free R/T transportation to cruise port

-Free parking while on the cruise

-2 Free drink coupons in hotel bar

GREAT DEAL!

I just called the Hilton and it does include the parking. So, it is $102.39 per room and it includes the following:

-Free wireless internet

-Free R/T transportation to cruise port

-Free parking while on the cruise

-2 Free drink coupons in hotel bar

GREAT DEAL!

Is that 102.39 with taxes include? Also how many people do you have in your room? On our cruise that I am thinking about doing there would be three of us so was just curious if you had just two or more in your room? Even if we did have to pay like $15-$20 extra for a third person it would still be a much better rate than most of the places I've looked at!

Update: So I used the code that someone put from above and went on the Hilton website and was able to figure it out, it is about $20 more for a third person in the room.

Is that 102.39 with taxes include? Also how many people do you have in your room? On our cruise that I am thinking about doing there would be three of us so was just curious if you had just two or more in your room? Even if we did have to pay like $15-$20 extra for a third person it would still be a much better rate than most of the places I've looked at!

Yes, sorry, that is the total with taxes. We actually got 2 rooms with 2 queen beds. We will have 4 in one room and 3 in the other.

I am considering the Hilton for the $89 for 2 nites before our cruise in March. We won't have a car... is there anything you can walk to, or easily jump on a bus and get to? Restaurants, sightseeing, anything? Thanks!

It's a perfect location! You can walk across the street and there are many restaurants on the waterfront. There is also the Laugh Factory across the street as well for nightime entertainment. You can't beat this location.

No, the $15 is for just the one night you are staying there, part of the Carnival package is up to 7 nights of free parking while you're on the cruise. Go to the Hilton website and put in the corp code 5150026 to see the details.

Thanks for the Corp Code!!! That's tons of help, since I do 99.9% of my booking for travel online! :D

Thanks so much for the code. I just went online and used the code for my stay in January and it gave me a rate of $89 for the night.

Does anyone know if they charge your credit card at the time of making the reservations, or at the time you check in? Thanks...

I'm sure they charge your card when you checkout, nothing is on my card yet from reserving yesterday. I see you're from Las Vegas, I think they are pretty much the only place that charges your card at reservation time.

Does anyone know if they charge your credit card at the time of making the reservations, or at the time you check in? Thanks...

They take the credit card to hold the room, but you can cancel up to the day before without being charged for cancellation. We are 4 people going down in one car, but we booked 2 rooms at the $89 rate ($102.39 including tax). I booked on the phone, but printed out the rate type details to bring with me which confirm what I was told on the phone (Carnival Cruise Rate: free internet, two drinks in the lobby bar, free parking, and shuttle to/from terminal)

Also..........anyone know what restaurants are within walking distance for dinner/breakfast (nothing fancy, just good). thanx

It's a perfect location! You can walk across the street and there are many restaurants on the waterfront. There is also the Laugh Factory across the street as well for nightime entertainment. You can't beat this location.

Actually, maybe you are thinking of the Hyatt Regency? The hilton is probably a 15 minute walk from the waterfront, not across the street. Stayed at the Hilton before my cruise in February, it's a great hotel. There are good Hiltons and bad Hiltons and this is a good one! AVOID the Queen Mary, my friends stayed there and what a dump! My room at the hilton was so much more luxurious and at least 4 times the size.

That is a good rate.

I tried for our dates just for fun, because we already got a great rate through priceline for $70 per night there, and there was nothing for our dates. We don't need a weeks parking so it will work out great for us.

I would say, reserve early since it looks like they only offer a certain number of rooms.

Archived