Hilton Long Beach- Carnival Rate?

kandlwed

Actually, maybe you are thinking of the Hyatt Regency? The hilton is probably a 15 minute walk from the waterfront, not across the street. Stayed at the Hilton before my cruise in February, it's a great hotel. There are good Hiltons and bad Hiltons and this is a good one! AVOID the Queen Mary, my friends stayed there and what a dump! My room at the hilton was so much more luxurious and at least 4 times the size.

Hi, since you did stay there recently, can you tell us what IS nearby? Any restaurants, shopping.... anything?

So I called the hotel last night, and I got the killer rate, but I didn't get any extras! The girl I got on the phone had a little of an attitude, like I shouldn't have known the code or something.

So I'm going to call back tonight, and ask them for the extras. Boo.

Actually, maybe you are thinking of the Hyatt Regency? The hilton is probably a 15 minute walk from the waterfront, not across the street. Stayed at the Hilton before my cruise in February, it's a great hotel. There are good Hiltons and bad Hiltons and this is a good one! AVOID the Queen Mary, my friends stayed there and what a dump! My room at the hilton was so much more luxurious and at least 4 times the size.

Do you have the address of the "Good Hilton" so we don't book in the bad location.? Having the same problem in LA, not knowing what are the bad neighborhoods. Have heard some horrific stories about people staying in very seedy areas. We have three women traveling alone and are a little nervous.

Thanks for the heads up on the Hilton in Long Beach. I just made our reservation for January, and the room rate was $89.00 plus tax. It's the Hilton located at 701 W. Ocean Blvd. All I told the lady was that we were going on a Carnival cruise and we wanted the special rate. Glad I waited now to book, we were going to stay at thew Hyatt.

P.S. It also helps if you stayed at a Hilton in the past. They had all my info including my CC number. And we got the 2 free drinks as well. Don't need the parking as we're flying in to LAX.

Yup you are right my bad, I did stay at the Hyatt, but also the Hilton.

What a great deal! We're booked for three nights, two separate stays, next Feb. However, one question. Where does it indicate the two free drinks and parking? I received my e-mail confirmations from the Hilton for the Carnival $89 price but don't see anything about these. Thanks for any assistance.:)

What a great deal! We're booked for three nights, two separate stays, next Feb. However, one question. Where does it indicate the two free drinks and parking? I received my e-mail confirmations from the Hilton for the Carnival $89 price but don't see anything about these. Thanks for any assistance.:)

My confirmation doesn't specifically say that either, but it does say Carnival Cruise Line Rate Type. If you're concerned, you could print out the info from their website about what's included, I think I'll trust them.

I called the HIlton this morning and tried to book 4 rooms (using the code) and while we booked the first two, they sold out. So I only got two booked and no room for the others . They also can only book two rooms at a time cause they said they cant chain and hang. lol Guess people book lots of rooms and then cancel later when people dont want them. Any anyway if you are booking for a group of people have help from others and they hold a card till you get there and ck out. Hope this helped One more thing they do open up more rooms but you have to call and talk to the inhouse reservations person. Call in the morning. Its the same number.

Thanks Cathy. I did eventually find it when I clicked on the $89 pricing during the booking procedure. This saves us a ton of money compared to where we had originally planned on staying.:D

You're welcome, same story for us, we were going to pay about $180 for room (no cruise package) then $105 for parking at the pier, now lots cheaper!

Well folks, the ones that got the room reservations are lucky because this corp code was only suppose to be for Carnival Employees and not for passengers like us, so now they have pulled that code. It is coming up unavailable and I think the reason is they just got to many calls from people of this forum asking questions. Oh well, another good opportunity blown for other passengers.

Well folks, the ones that got the room reservations are lucky because this corp code was only suppose to be for Carnival Employees and not for passengers like us, so now they have pulled that code. It is coming up unavailable and I think the reason is they just got to many calls from people of this forum asking questions. Oh well, another good opportunity blown for other passengers.

I'm not being snippy here so please don't take it that way. But this is why this board exists, the early worm gets the worm. I called the same day I read this thread and got the $89.00 rate, 2 free drinks and the shuttle to the ship. I had put off reserving for the Hyatt, and I am glad I did. Nothing was blown of a good opportunity, you get in line and take your chances.

/end of story

BTW, I called directly, and told them I was cruising on Carnival and wanted the Carnival rate of $89.00/night. There was no problem whatsoever, and it also helps if you are a past customer of Hilton.

They only have so many rooms at this rate for any given night, yours may be already gone, doesn't mean they've pulled this rate all the time.

Ya snooze, ya lose. We booked in time.:)

Yes, the Queen Mary is worth visiting. Try to find a coupon if you can. Plan to spend several hours there if possible. Great place to visit.

Long Beach can be a bit dicey.

For dining, I would suggest The Pike. From W. Ocean head down Pine towards the water and you will come to it on your right. There is both quick serve and fine dining. There will restaurants be open for lunch and dinner, I am not sure about breakfast. I have not walked in the area at night so I can not be sure if it is safe. I have walked in the day time and it is OK. If you are nervous take a cab or drive. It less than a mile from the hotel.

Jen in SoCal

Archived