Suggestion for Carnival:

WinnipegCruiser

i would like to be able to book a cabin at the early saver price and give the name of my traveling companion at a later time. i have my own business and my schedule can be very flexible but it is hard for others to know far in advance if they can be free to come with.

Now that Fantasy is scheduled to port out of Charleston, I'd really like to see some Bermuda cruises as well as some Eastern/Southern Caribbean cruises....like to St. Thomas, St. Martin, etc......strickly Bahamas will get old real quick. Maybe keep the Glory as a Charleston option for longer cruises to different areas of the Caribbean.

Here, here. I want to go to Bermuda, I want to sail Carnival, and Charleston is a drive to port for FL,GA,SC,NC, TN, AL, LA, MS. But New York now you have to get airfare. Argh, more days off just to get to where the cruise is.:rolleyes:

1. Improve your customer service. Don't make the OP have to prove and fight for everything promised to them via your policies. Every time I, or a friend has tried to use a credit, etc... it turns into a days long phone marathon until someone who's trained properly in customer service can actually do what was promised.

2. PLEASE stop with the over the top decor. I will not sail Splendor again because it actually made me feel dizzy walking through all that pink zebra stripe. Who thought that was a good idea.

3. Keep enforcing the rules. I was impressed on my last sailing on Splendor with security actually keeping kids out of the adults only areas.

4. Have a real Happy Hour.

5. Improve the quality of the Lido buffett food.

Guest Crazeecat5

1. Reduced deposit options- many people would book more often if given the opportunity to pay off the deposit.

2. More itineraries from Ny and Baltimore. Both ports do very well....more itineraries=more bookings!

3. All new shows fleet wide. Been seeing the same things over and over.

I'd like a few changes--nothing that would stop me from cruising Carnival though.

Stop the singing/dancing in the dining room. Too many times the waiters have to stop from serving desserts to join the singing. If they didn't have to do this, people would be out of the dining room sooner.

Close the dining room doors 15 minutes after the scheduled times. People wander in late (1/2 hr or more) and feel they are more important than those already seated, so the waiter tries to play catch-up and those who arrived on time get to wait.

Enforce the rules. Chair hogging, adult areas, early saver etc. I would like to see that names could be changed on early saver, but too many people feel they have special circumstances and they should be able to get their money back etc. I would include writing to a head cruise director to get their money back when in fact they agreed to a program to get lower rates, but want their cake and eat it too. The "me" attitude wears thin, lol.

Have the pictures taken available at a kiosk and change to digital photography. There is a huge waste of money printing the pics and throwing them away. Prices of printed digital photos could be lowered which would encourage more people to purchase pics.

I do wish though that if a husband/wife is Platinum, when the spouse sails he/she would become a Platinum cruiser also. My husband has sailed enough to be Platinum and I have sailed more often than he, but many of our cruises are before Carnival kept track of them. We moved several times and don't have proof any longer. I will be Platinum on this next cruise, but my DH won't. I know it won't make any difference, but it would be nice to have him be Platinum too.

So, even with my complaints/suggestions, I love sailing Carnival and plan to do so many more times. Carnival offers a great product overall. Thanks for listening.

Please keep the pools and hot tubs open later into the night. There are plenty of us who like to enjoy the pool in the evenings when the chaos of daytime party on deck dies.

Expand the room service menu like RCCL does.

Stop the singing and dancing in the dining room. A nice relaxing dinner and performaing servers do not mix.

I'm in favor of this also. I'd probably book more if the deposit was less.

In total agreement - I would book more if it didn't cost me $1200+ in deposits. Just another example of being more "family friendly". Not everyone is a simple double occupancy and it becomes daunting for a family to travel when the deposits are hard to come up with - perhaps a discounted deposit for 4th traveler and up? And I will reiterate more family friendly cabins where larger groups can take advantage of 4th, 5th, even 6th travelers without having to pay suite prices.

I agree with several of the above points:

• Longer (more expensive) cruises should count more toward the goal of becoming Platinum
  • There should be some mid-point between 1 and 10 cruises that offers perks
  • Family style cabins that aren't outrageously expensive so families can cruise in one cabin affordably (while DH and I love our boys, we like to be separate from them when we sleep and wind up booking 2 cabins)
  • Freshen up the itineraries - Grand Caymen & Coz are great once or twice, but more than that is almost a wasted port
  • $10/day mandatory tipping adds up for large families, perhaps give the larger groups a small break on that - a family of 5 on a 7 day cruise could add another passenger for the amount we will pay in tips
  • Make parking fees more competitive - we can park at the airport for less than 1/2 the price but its a hassle
  • Either do away with Early Saver or be somewhat more flexible with it - who knew 18 months ahead of time that my 18 year old would get fired from a job he didn't even have yet for taking time off in December? We now either lose $250 or he loses his job, his brother would have come in his place if we had that option.

<<< I don't think that you can cut the corners on the tipping...I am sure that taking care of a room full of teenage boys is more difficult than just taking care of a couple or a single traveler

>>>> Carnival doesn't run the parking garages...the ports do

You should check into some park and stay hotels ..they can be cheaper than the garage etc...

>>>> I for one am getting tired of the Early Saver rants....you read the contract when you booked right?? It offers a greatly reduced rate and price drop honoring...but with strings attached

I am really getting tired of seeing people bothering poor John Heald about those deals too....at some point enough is enough

I do agree with you about the ports...I would like to see some new ones

They can do more ports out of south florida with the faster ships (miracle, legend)....or they could do a 10 night to southern carrib, maybe aruba, abc islands etc

I have already suggested the digital photo use about 2 yr ago, and last fall, they were saying it may be in the works.

I like the idea that I don't have to buy the photos and carry them with me. It would be simpler to swipe your s&s card, then come home from your cruise and order the photos you want once home to be mailed to you like Disney does.

I also agree with the HOT hot tubs.

Make steps into the pools like hotel pools. I hate those ladders. never did like them. I prefer to walk into the pool not jump in.

Have more juice choices that are free. I can not drink Orange juice or Cranberry juice, and apple gets boring. (v-8, tomato, pineapple,white grape, etc)

Add a sunday bar to all ships. with all the toppings, and ice cream and yogurt avaiable. (even if they have to have someone make it and hand it to you)

Please keep the pools and hot tubs open later into the night. There are plenty of us who like to enjoy the pool in the evenings when the chaos of daytime party on deck dies.

Expand the room service menu like RCCL does.

Stop the singing and dancing in the dining room. A nice relaxing dinner and performaing servers do not mix.

I'd like a few changes--nothing that would stop me from cruising Carnival though.

I do wish though that if a husband/wife is Platinum, when the spouse sails he/she would become a Platinum cruiser also. My husband has sailed enough to be Platinum and I have sailed more often than he, but many of our cruises are before Carnival kept track of them. We moved several times and don't have proof any longer. I will be Platinum on this next cruise, but my DH won't. I know it won't make any difference, but it would be nice to have him be Platinum too.

Even though your hubby is not "technically" Platinum yet...since he is staying in your cabin...he will get 90% of the Platinum benefits. In fact the only perks he won't get is the free slots tournament, stationary with his name on it or the logo item.

He will be able to board VIP with you - since he is in your cabin.

He will be able to debark VIP with you.

He will be able to VIP tender (if you have any tender ports).

You can put his clothes in the bag for free laundry.

And of course, he can eat your canapes and petit foirs....unless you tell him he can't . LOL

Also, some suggestions for getting those OLD cruises added:

(we had to have 8 cruises added starting with 1982)

Carnival accepted Embarkation photos (and when we did not have an Embarkation photo on the first cruise...they accepted a Kodak picture of hubby in front of the ship).

Most of the folks back then used a TA....IF they are still in business...they may have some old files that could be used as proof.

Also, if you currently use a PVP that you have an established relationship with...that may help for "verification". I do not have any proof that our PVP assisted us...but I sure asked for his help. We did not have a problem getting the cruises.

These cruises will get you just that much closer to the Milestone Rewards perk.

Offer a choice for platinum cruises like a bank of points: for instance I don't want another frame or mug - so what about a choice of on board credit - instead of all the other items (petit foirs, canapes) with OBC you get the money right back or if I choose not to opt for a gift this cruise my points accrue and I can get something better later or $ off next cruise - etc.

Just something different than what is going we don't ever eat the canapes or the petit foirs - there is already so much food offered.

Sailings that have offers for booking more than 2 cabins or kids sail free, etc.

We enjoy the Carnival product but things have a tendency to not change often enough, shows, etc.

Lastly, we have really liked where Camp Carnival is open on the first night around 9pm and not after all the welcome aboard party which is after 10pm, kids are just really excited to get up to camp and away from mom and dad - we have done the welcome aboard party so many times and it never changes - this is an example where things become stale and set in stone.

<<< I don't think that you can cut the corners on the tipping...I am sure that taking care of a room full of teenage boys is more difficult than just taking care of a couple or a single traveler

I disagree - it's still only one room whether there are 2 or 4 in it. I make the boys pick up after themselves, so it's not like they have to clean more bathrooms or anything - just saying that the amount we will pay in tips this cruise will equal another fare.

>>>> Carnival doesn't run the parking garages...the ports do

You should check into some park and stay hotels ..they can be cheaper than the garage etc...

Understood, but since we only live a 3 hour drive away, it wouldn't be cost effective to tack on an unnecessary hotel stay as well - guess we just grin and bear it.

>>>> I for one am getting tired of the Early Saver rants....you read the contract when you booked right?? It offers a greatly reduced rate and price drop honoring...but with strings attached

Not ranting, I understand I signed up for it - just saying that if we could have substituted one brother for the other, we could have saved a job and it wouldn't cost Carnival a cent.

I am really getting tired of seeing people bothering poor John Heald about those deals too....at some point enough is enough

I agree with not bothering him with complaints. He is not the complaint department, he is just writing a blog.

I do agree with you about the ports...I would like to see some new ones

They can do more ports out of south florida with the faster ships (miracle, legend)....or they could do a 10 night to southern carrib, maybe aruba, abc islands etc

Now there's one I will jump on with both feet A SOUTHERN CARIB OUT OF MIAMI - I would love, love, love to do a Southern but the airfare to San Juan prohibits us - that tacks $1200-$150 on the cruise! YES, YES, YES a Southern Itinerary from Florida - please!

We are in a spa cabin coming up...what are the perks your talking about? I didn't know we got any!

You get slippers (to take home), a special spa robe (to use on the ship, not take home), special lotions and potions in your bathroom and access to the special Cloud9 Spa (other passengers pay a premium for that access). HOWEVER...only 2 passengers in the spa cabin have these perks, not all the passengers that Carnival made the cabins large enough to house. That's just ridiculous....and also, as I mentioned, if these passengers were somehow upgraded or put into this cabin (did not book it specifically) then none of them get the perks...just ridiculous...

Archived