Suggestion for Carnival:

WinnipegCruiser

[quote=sharecruises;21393228

>>>> I for one am getting tired of the Early Saver rants....you read the contract when you booked right?? It offers a greatly reduced rate and price drop honoring...but with strings attached

I am really getting tired of seeing people bothering poor John Heald about those deals too....at some point enough is enough

I totally agree with you. One of the reasons that so many write to John about the ESA "exceptions" is that a few people on Cruise Critic suggest that to the posters. As soon as someone says Carnival wouldn't make an exception for them, they are referred to John. I know he tries to help everyone, but I think when he refers the people to some VP at Carnival, they get what they want and then tell others to write to John. The problem is being perpetuated.

LHP,

I do realize that DH will pretty much get my benefits, but I just thought it would be nice for him to have that card too. Also, there has been some talk of Platinum lunches or something and that would be only for Platinum cruisers. I certainly wouldn't go without my DH.

As far as pictures of boarding the ships etc. when we moved a lot of old pictures got thrown out. I had a box that was packed by the movers that I thought only contained old paperback books as I had quite a collection of them. I opened the box, saw the old books and put it out for the garbage man. About a month later I went looking for my cookbook collection and some pictures. I had neither. Evidently in the huge box that I thought only had paperbacks, were my cookbooks and pictures. Even thought I was able to tell Carnival when we cruised, at least the first couple of them, that wasn't enough proof. These cruises were in the early 80's to mid 80's. Thanks for your help though.

I know they might need a bit smaller ship but a Great Lakes cruise would be cool.

I am so all over that! I think that would be an awesome cruise, and it would make cruising easier to access for us midwesterners! I think Lake michigan alone could be a 7 day cruise!! Bring it on, Carnival!!!!!!:):):)

Please keep the pools and hot tubs open later into the night. There are plenty of us who like to enjoy the pool in the evenings when the chaos of daytime party on deck dies.

Expand the room service menu like RCCL does.

Be careful what you wish for! While RCCL may have what seems to be an expanded room service menu, you are subject to a service charge if you order food after midnight!

RCCL also does not have as many food options after dinner or between meals as Carnival or Princess. RCCL's Promande Cafe is just finger sandwiches, danish type items and small slices of pizza.

Both Princess and Carnival offer more choices and there is no comparison to the food quality on Pricess & Carnival.

Stop the singing and dancing in the dining room. A nice relaxing dinner and performaing servers do not mix.

I for one like all the singing and dancing in the dining room! It makes for a festive and fun atmosphere where on RCCL it is just plain "dead"! I am on a cruise and want to be entertained and join in on the fun.

MARAPRINCE

If you could speak directly to Carnival management... What would you suggest?

I will start it off... On the website, put HMC as a destination. I would like to be able to list all the ship itineraries that stop at HMC.

I would like more deals for Canadian cruisers;) Sure they have resident rates.. so do people in the states.. but alot of them have way cheaper air fare than us.. if they could compensate the cruise price alot more that would be great...

How about better signage on board ships as to where smoking is permitted and where it is not. And a larger article in the capers describing the smoking and non-smoking policy This would make for a better cruise experience for smokers and non-smokers alike.

I don't know if some of you know this, but the Carnival Big Wigs do read Cruise Critic. So keep your suggestions coming in because they do appreciate the input.

Now for my input, start a Pacific Northwest Cruise, there are many ports along the west coast that they could stop at AND GIVE US BACK OUR CARNIVAL ELATION AND TAKE A SHIP FROM FLORIDA, THEY HAVE TO MANY NOW!!!

Ahh-another Long Beach Cruiser! I agree! I'd do more cruises if there were more to offer out of Long Beach- how many times can you do Mexican Riviera? I would have loved to have done the "Swine Flu- Northern Riviera" cruise for a change!

I don't know if some of you know this, but the Carnival Big Wigs do read Cruise Critic. So keep your suggestions coming in because they do appreciate the input.

Now for my input, start a Pacific Northwest Cruise, there are many ports along the west coast that they could stop at AND GIVE US BACK OUR CARNIVAL ELATION AND TAKE A SHIP FROM FLORIDA, THEY HAVE TO MANY NOW!!!

Ahh-another Long Beach Cruiser! I agree! I'd do more cruises if there were more to offer out of Long Beach- how many times can you do Mexican Riviera? I would have loved to have done the "Swine Flu- Northern Riviera" cruise for a change! I Love the Pride!

I think they should be more flexible. Check the average age of the passengers on each cruise and adjust music style and volume, activities, etc. for that age group.

A note on the Legends show...it would be easier for the staff and better for the passengers if they did it like modules. A longer list of "legends" so that the organizers could pick, choose and combine to the talents of the passenger base.

I agree with Legends- My mom wanted to do Marilyn Monroe- only women avail were Aretha Franklin (wrong color), Gloria Estefan (wrong ethnicity) or Britney (wrong age)! Dad did manage to win Sinatra, but wasn't given a choice of songs-- seems band only knows "My Way"! Also about Karaoke in general- no show tunes, or Sinatra. Not enough music for over 50 crowd (especially on Splendor).Who wants a whole week of "rap"?

we would like to see a 14/15 day cruise in the summer time from los angeles to hawaii and back....also alternate their mexican cruise with a canada cruise los angeles to victoria/vancourer/san francisco :rolleyes:and back

Summer cruises to Canada are bad because the "sun birds" (CA/AZ residents who get hot in Summer) go there to escape the heat & fill up port cities; similar to Canadian/Northern US residents ("snowbirds") who come to Palm Springs & AZ for winter. At least that was the excuse we were given as to why we went to Baja to escape the hurricane in Aug/Sept.

One resaon I cruise on Royal Caribbean is that they do 12 day cruises. I would like to cruise Carnival More but it seem as that the best vacation is the first week to relax then they next 5-7 days to enjoy it. 7 Days you just get relaxed and you have to go back to work. I would do B2B but Royal Caribbean gives you more ports on a 12 day cruise not two weeks of the same port.

I would LOVE to see a southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami. While cost of flying to San Juan is up there, what's even worse is the airport. We were in line for over 4 hours after getting off the ship before we could even go to the terminal.

How about Alaskan cruises that go from Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun. Going Tue to Tue does not work for a lot of people as you really have to take 2 weeks off of work. Using weekend sail dates would allow people to take 1 week and either an extra day Fri before the cruise or Mon after the cruise. Because of this we are going to have to look at another cruise line for our Alaskan cruise that we want to do next summer.

Galveston needs longer cruises, 5-7 days is not enough. In 2003 I went out of Galveston on RCCL for 14 days doing the Panama Canel, Costa Rica etc. and that was the only time I seen any ship other than the once a year transatlantic leave from this port on a longer cruise. If RCCL can have a ship going there why cant Carnival who is the major player out of Galveston do longer itineries.

We have the Port of Houston with a huge brand new cruise port that sits empty not one cruise line since NCL has left from that port and that was way before the new fancy port was built. NCL no longer is a player in this area either.

Carnival does give the best solo rates. I usually can find 125-150%. They should at least set aside a certain number of cabins at a special rate for singles or give on board credit or some perks to off set the higher cost. I understand that they figure 2 people would spend more on board, but some of us singles can spend just as much as 2 people Some of the river cruises have single only cabins, which are smaller, at a special rate.

• 3 weeks later...
I think the reason Carnival does this is that so many people can not afford a suite (I know I can't) or can not afford to take 7 day cruises. By doing it this way based on the number of cruises you take and not by the number of days cruising after 10 cruises everyone gets to become a platinum card holder. In one way by doing it by what kind of cabin you have, that is getting back to the days of first class, second class and steerage. The cruise lines still show some of that favoritism still today by all the perks that someone gets for booking a penthouse or a suite, but it is not as prominent as it was years ago. The only line that is still really :rolleyes:stinking :rolleyes:to that is the Cunard line.

Was that a Freudian slip?

I think they should count shorter cruises, just wishing short and long cruises were weighted differently. Or a cruise in a suite would get an extra point - something along those lines.

I also wish there were some midway point besides 10 cruises for platinum. I have cruise #4 and #5 with carnival coming up, I just wish there were some perk for past cruises besides a possible discount.

I think that's a great idea. They could insert another level besides Platinum and maybe they're next in line behind VIPs or something. Just a little something to recognize the number of cruises--they might have people meeting 10 faster than they think!

Give us more itineraries out of Baltimore (and Norfolk), please.

My thoughts exactly. I would cruise alot more with more iteneraries out of Norfolk or Baltimore. Airfare is too high to travel anywhere nowadays especially with the economy the way it is.

We have a beautiful efficient port right here in Norfolk, why arent there more sailings?

I would like to see a "soda bar" or some other area dedicated to those with soda cards. It would save both the cardholders and the bartenders a lot of time, IMO. On our Glory cruise it seemed as though there were more kids ordering sodas at the Lido bar than adults ordering drinks.

One resaon I cruise on Royal Caribbean is that they do 12 day cruises. I would like to cruise Carnival More but it seem as that the best vacation is the first week to relax then they next 5-7 days to enjoy it. 7 Days you just get relaxed and you have to go back to work. I would do B2B but Royal Caribbean gives you more ports on a 12 day cruise not two weeks of the same port.

My upcoming 9 day cruise in May 2010 has to be with Royal Caribbean out of Norfolk because Carnival is not offering anything longer than 6 days:mad:

We have the same request we've made on EVERY cruise: turn the volume down for the shows. We're both 63 but we can hear very well. We watch people walk out of every Carnival show because the volume is so d..n loud!

PLEASE do away with the elementary school style red/blue teams.

Don't give us the third degree if we request the daily gratuity be taken off our bill. We tip those who give us service VERY well and are greatly appreciative of their professional care of us.

Archived