QV - Deck 7

Cosmic Rays

Hi

Just returned from the QV and were on deck 7 next to the starboard A3. Yes , she does rock much more than the QM2 and vibrates quite a bit but we had a force 10 in the Bay of Biscay and she coped very well. We found the rocking relaxing at night!!

Don't worry , you have picked quite a stable area of the ship.

I am sure you will have a lovely time , its a beautiful ship:)

Ruth

Hi

We found the rocking relaxing at night!!

Ruth

Relaxing!?:eek: The first night was like sleeping in a washing machine, particularly when an entire bottle of water descended upon the recumbant moi, during a particularly rocky moment... What a lovely ship, though.

Mary:)

we had 7128 which is an A3, four cabins forward from the rear suites and there was no vibration or noise whatsoever. It was a lovely cabin and well placed for lifts or stairs directly down for the restaurant or up for the lido. Have a great trip.

Nice to hear about 7128, we booked an A7 Guaranteed in july, have been told that the upgrade fairy has been good to us, and we have been upgraded to A3, and the cabin is 7128.

Nice to hear its near the lifts as my good lady needs a wheelchair most of the time.

thanks for the info.

blot

We too booked an A7 Guarantee in July and have be allocated 7131, opposite side to you Blot! What a surprise, but very grateful of course. We now look forward with great anticipation to our voyage towards the end of November south to the canaries..............

we had 7128 which is an A3, four cabins forward from the rear suites and there was no vibration or noise whatsoever. It was a lovely cabin and well placed for lifts or stairs directly down for the restaurant or up for the lido. Have a great trip.

We also had 7.128 last time out, and I can endorse this recommendation. Very very quiet cabin, no vibration of any sort. We had some heavy-ish weather and the movement was never a problem.

J

Anybody been on the Starboard side eg 7131?

I've also been on the starboard side but two decks down on 5 deck. The cabin was pretty much in the same relative position as 7.128 though, and I can say that there was no dedectable difference in noise levels (near enough zero), vibration, or movement.

J

and I can say that there was no dedectable difference in noise levels (near enough zero), vibration, or movement.

J

Except, perhaps, when you were rushing to gather up the gear to catch snaps of a passing rust bucket?;)

We had quite a sailaway here from NYC last night (did not catch it myself - but 5 ships departed) although the expected departure of QV Sat. at 6:00pm did not go off 'til this AM - poor weather at Newport, it seems, and she is now headed direct for Boston. I suppose there's a distinct increase in noise levels onboard related to that wee change in schedule. I suppose some in search of compensating movement and vibration hopped off at midnight to visit the gentlemens' club across the street.:D

Cheers,

Michael

Archived