Room Service - QV

Cosmic Rays

I think I have read somewhere recently that a cooked breakfast can be ordered from room service - is that correct? If it is, is it for all grades including A3?

Yes, you can get a cooked breakfast from room service - irrespective of cabin grade.

I've never, personally, availed myself of this option though as I am a bit of a breakfast fanatic and I don't think there is such a wide choice on room service (no doubt someone will be along in a second to dispute that).

J

Yes, you can get a cooked breakfast from room service - irrespective of cabin grade.

I've never, personally, availed myself of this option though as I am a bit of a breakfast fanatic and I don't think there is such a wide choice on room service (no doubt someone will be along in a second to dispute that).

J

I found that you can write things in that are not on the menu. Last trip I wrote:

"(1) raspberries and blueberries

(2) eggs Benedict

(3) bagel and cream cheese"

Guess what we got?

One serving of berries;

Two servings of eggs Benedict

Three bagels w/ cream cheese.

Tided Ben and I over nicely for a half hour until it was time for Kings Court!:D

I found that you can write things in that are not on the menu. Last trip I wrote:

(2) eggs Benedict

Guess what we got?

One serving of berries;

Tided Ben and I over nicely for a half hour until it was time for Kings Court!:D

LOL! Too funny.

I was on that Labor day cruise as well and had a similar experience. We got more than we checked off on morning.

I was also on solo for 19 consecutive days in June and often took breakfast in the stateroom. I found out that I was given at least 1 order and often 2 orders of anything that I wrote in, including bagels, Nova and cream cheese.

My refrigerator was brimming with alot of snacks within a few days. I could have run a small deli out of my stateroom on Deck 11.

LOL! Too funny.

I was on that Labor day cruise as well and had a similar experience. We got more than we checked off on morning.

I made a mental note to, in future, NOT use any kind of numbering system and to use words (one, two, three) if more than one is wanted. Sounds like even without numbers they just kind of do what they feel like!

(2) eggs Benedict

Guess what we got?

One serving of berries;

LOL... that's funny!!

I'm looking forward to room service for breakfast during our cruise on QM2 - it will be such a treat! Good to know we can order items that are not on the menu, such as eggs benedict!

(2) eggs Benedict

Guess what we got?

One serving of berries;

Pure genius. I must remember that for next time. Would it look suspicious if I started the list at (10)?

J

We also found room service very hit and miss: I like two pots of coffee every morning, along with two jugs of milk. Trying to order this resulted in 1 coffee/milk; eventually, I cracked the code by ordering coffee for four people, which arrived complete with four cups and saucers, none of which I used as I had 'borrowed' a large mug from the Lido. I imagine it confirmed their suspicion that I was rather eccentric.

Mary

We also found room service very hit and miss: I like two pots of coffee every morning, along with two jugs of milk. Trying to order this resulted in 1 coffee/milk; eventually, I cracked the code by ordering coffee for four people, which arrived complete with four cups and saucers, none of which I used as I had 'borrowed' a large mug from the Lido. I imagine it confirmed their suspicion that I was rather eccentric.

Mary

Not eccentric NB merely 'Normal for Norfolk'

Gari

Archived