In between age cruiser 17-20, please help!

ejkj84

I am in charge of researching cruise information for our next family cruise, and was wondering which ship would be best for my family and I. I am 20 and my brother is 17. My parents will also be going also. The three we are considering now are:

Carnival Conquest

Princess Caribbean

HAL Zuiderdam

We also looked in to RCCL, the big ships, but they seem to be over our price range. My main concern is meeting up with people my age. I was wondering if any of these ships and anything special to offer that inbetween age of 18-20. I am shy at first, as in I cant just walk up to people I dont know, but usually make friends easly once introduced.

Also with drinking, it is not that big of concern, I dont want to drink alot. But what would they do if say my parents bought me a drink or two? Also let me know if there are any things I cant do besides drink and gamble on each ship.

Any information would be greatly appreciate, expecially from people in this age range. Also any links to posts where this has been talk about before would be great, I could not find much.

I have been on two cruises before. One on celebrity when I was 17, they did not have a very organized or interesting programs for people my age. I will not settle for sitting around playing uno for 3 hours on my vacation! Luckly my brother and I entered about every triva competition and won about 3 times. I loved the looks on the adults faces when a 17 and 14 year old won agame about stuff they should have known.

From what I have read, the Conquest would be best for you over Princess and, especially HAL. However, I have only sailed Carnival so I can only recommend that line from personal experience (Mom of 2 teen boys). Anyway, try reading through the Carnival, Princess and HAL boards to get an idea of what goes on on their ships.........and try asking this same question on each of the boards. It's great that you're researching before you go........have fun planning.

My kids are now 20 through 24. We have sailed Carnival and Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas. They loved all their cruises but prefered Carnival over Royal for their nightlife choices. They have found things to do on all their cruises.

• 2 months later...

I'm 25 and my husband is 28..we went on our first cruise when I was 22yrd old. we went on a Princess cruise, 7 days to the Mexican Riviera. The ship had people of all ages. You can gamble and drink but you can also see the shows and take classes. Princess offers mini courses on things like salsa or swing dancing, cooking, painting..lots of things. They have a dance club...it's not like a club on land ,of course, but it's a fun place to dance. There are the pools and the spa and the gym. depending on what ship you go on they also have movie nights on a huge screen on the ship's deck. Like all cruises they also have trivia games and things like that.

I think Princess is good for you and your parents....my next choise after Princess would be Carnival

Archived