How do you know what Butler, Concierge are on your cruise?

WinnieinWA

JEWEL, Jan 10, 2010.

I've read a few posts here recently about some Butlers who are not very good so I'm wondering how to find out if I'll have a good one like my last two, who were wonderful, or one of the 'not so good' ones?

I pay a lot of money for my suites and having a bad Butler is worrisome.

Anyone know how to tell who your Butler is on a future cruise?

I agree ... cross that bridge when you get to it. My last cruise my butler was bad! I often wondered if my cruise experience would suffer if the butler was bad. Well, it didn't. The concierge made up for it. Our butler never came to cabin to check to see if we needed anything, never explained how to use the coffee machine, we only had one cup for coffee the entire cruise, etc. I was very disappointed because we like to eat dinner in the cabin at least one night. Not this time. We did ask for his assistance twice with no results.

I agree ... cross that bridge when you get to it. My last cruise my butler was bad! I often wondered if my cruise experience would suffer if the butler was bad. Well, it didn't. The concierge made up for it. Our butler never came to cabin to check to see if we needed anything, never explained how to use the coffee machine, we only had one cup for coffee the entire cruise, etc. I was very disappointed because we like to eat dinner in the cabin at least one night. Not this time. We did ask for his assistance twice with no results.

Please tell us you informed the hotel director. This is so counter to the experience have had and grown to expect. Were you never in the room at snack time, or did he just skip you? We have had excellent butler servicee on every cruise, and I hate that you didn't experience the same.

Al

Archived