Minimum Age Requirement Question

Bethwte

Hi, I'm unfamiliar with Princess as I've only sailed on RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity, and American Hawaii (now defunct), but I’ve come over to this board because I have a question very specific to Princess. I’ve read both in the brochure and on the website that (as I read it) people 18 and over are allowed aboard Princess unaccompanied by an adult. I’m certainly hoping this to be the case, and if it is, I know what I certain someone (myself haha) will be asking for as a graduation present. This is a quote taken from their passenger contract:

"5. AGE REQUIREMENTS; DRINKING AGE; GAMING AGE; ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.

The minimum passenger age is 6 months on Alaska, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and Transcanal cruises, and 12 months on all other cruises. Passengers under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Passenger over the age of 21."

As far as I can tell, this means I, as an 18-year-old, would be able to cruise without my parents. Am I reading this correctly? I find it sort of tough to think this because Carnival's policy is over 21, but that could have more to do with the rowdiness of many of their passengers. Anyways, any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I was surprised to read that in the back of the brochure as well when I recently checked it out. The reason? I was trying to guess if there would be many college aged kids onboard a certain ship. I had "heard" that Princess allows those over 18 to cruise w/out parents. As for drinking, no they don't allow drinking under age 21. However, I called and they said that my daughter WOULD be allowed into the bar/disco areas since she is 19 but just cannot have alcoholic beverages. Hope this helps. If in doubt though, just call 1 (800) Princess and ask.

Thanks for the help guys.. I just didnt want to make my TA waste her time asking Princess if I could get an answer here. By the way, to all of you who probably sail princess hoping to get away from a party crowd, dont worry... I'm a mature 17 (will be 18 when sailing) :) Thanks for the info on drinking and the disco as well!

Archived