Bus Depot Location

10th Anniversary

I believe I read somewhere that the bus depot has moved is no longer across from the libary. Is this correct? We will be in Grand Cayman in October. We are planning to take the city bus (van) to Hell and then to Cemetary Beach. If we have enough time, we might stop by the Wreck of Gamma at Pagent Beach.

Yes, indeed. The bus depot mas moved to a lot on North Church Street, just north of the Waterfront Centre building. Waterfront Centre is a yellow building that has the DQ (Dairy Queen) on the ground floor. It is just north of the Royal Watler terminal.

Regardless of which cruise terminal you arrive at (South, North, or Royal Watler), exit the terminal and turn left (so the sea is to your left) and walk north. The Waterfront Centre is on the inland side of the road.

Rumor has it that this was a "temporary" relocation, but there have been absolutely no indications of when (or if) the depot will be moved back to its previous spot by the library. Allegedly the relocation was to accomodate work being done on the parking lot by the library, but that has long since been completed. They even repainted the lines marking the lanes where the buses queue up. Go figure.

Thanks so much for the informationl. I apprecaite your taking the time to read the threads and post such helpful information. We are a little nervous about taking the bus, but we want to have some freedom and not be tied to tour. I'll let you know how things went when we return. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from our trip on the Freedom of Seas and our visit to Grand Cayman. We traveled on the bus and it couldn't have been any better. The bus depot was very easy to find...short 1 block walk from the port terminal. We told the driver we wanted to travel to Hell and away we went. After our visit to hell, we waited at the bus stop and within about 5 minutes a bus picked up us and took us back. The drivers were all very friendly and offered great info on the island. We would defintely recommend the bus as a way to travel when visiting Grand Cayman.

Yes, GC buses (minivans) are a great way to get around town. that's what dh & i did.

we took a bus to smb...we stopped at marriot beach. there is a bus stop right in front....just across the street

also, if you are walking along the road, and hear a honk from a mini van, it's the bus...just wave at them and they will pull over and pick you up....it's not like here where you have to be at the designated bus stop.

i think it's something like $2 pp.

Archived