How's that "Ocean cabin guarantee" option?

asterleung

Hi everyone!

I'm about to book my RC "Majesty of the Seas" online. I just want to know how's that "Ocean Cabin Guarantee" option? It is like Run-of-the-house when people book a hotel room. I don't know which cabin I'm going to stay until I check in; It is even cheaper than Inside Cabin.

Seriously, I don't care if the window is porthole or picture window. I just want to see if the sun is rise or set and Quiet!

Does anyone have chosen that "Ocean Cabin Guarantee" option?

Any bad or good experience?

Thanks in advance!:p

You're purchasing a cabin category rather than a particular room. That's what they mean by a ocean view guarantee. You could get lucky and get a free upgrade to a higher category, but it's just likely that you'll get exactly what you paid for.

Wow...Thank you so much!

It sounds like the "Ocean Cabin Guarantee" thing is quite good.

I think it is what I'm going to book.

If I arrive early, like 11:00 am, Will I have a better chance to have upgrade? any idea?

I know I'm being greedy....LOL...

IF you get an upgrade, it will happen before you leave for your cruise. You will probably get your cabin assignment when you receive your cruise documents and that's when you'll find out if you were given an upgrade. Upgrades at the pier usually don't happen much anymore. But since ships are sailing full, don't count on an upgrade.

IF you get an upgrade, it will happen before you leave for your cruise. You will probably get your cabin assignment when you receive your cruise documents and that's when you'll find out if you were given an upgrade. Upgrades at the pier usually don't happen much anymore. But since ships are sailing full, don't count on an upgrade.

Agreed. I have sometime booked with an online TA and then verify with the cruise line website and already have an upgrade in place.

Archived