Operational Overnights - No More Forced Overnights

Ya Ya Cruiser

Spongerob - believe me this cruise isn't cheap - ours is classified as a holiday cruise, which is what we wanted, and we are paying accordingly - no complaints between going at Christmas and transiting the Canal, one expects to pay for that.

I didn't mean to imply that you were booking on the cheap. My comment was that I'd considered the cruise previous to your own that ends in Acapulco because it was priced very attractively. When I looked at the costs of the flights home from Acapulco, I saw that the savings on the cruise would be eaten up by the air costs. Plus, I know someone that had to fly home from Acapulco and his comments about that trip were not good.

I was curious about the comments that someone else made concerning direct flights to Mexico from Canada, and if they'd booked their own flights or gone through Princess. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks, Spongerob - I understand.

With regard to the previous comments about flights I would think they are booking their own. We did look at that option - the flights for the most part go from Vancouver to Mexico City to Acapulco, but the flight times are not great and the better priced ones (not much better $1040 was the cheapest I found) are overnighters and we just didn't want to go there.

Anyhow, I guess in the end it's just more evidence of our economic times. I know this discussion could go on forever, but in some respects..........I thought this whole incident was similar to when fuel supplements first came in and the cruise lines were adding those costs to bookings that had already been made, and in some cases, paid in full. They had to back off that stance and only add it to new bookings - there's a part of me that thinks these two situations are similar, and while the cruise contracts now take care of that in the fine print, I still don't think it makes for good customer relations. I'll stop now:).

YaYa

Archived