Over the door shoe organizer

MaiTaiMary

Don't need it when cruising solo but with dh and/or kids it is quite useful. Got mine at the dollar store - works on a hanger so I can put it in the closet - also good for lingerie, socks, bras, etc....you can see everything and don't have to go digging thru drawers to find what you're looking for!

Also got mine at the Dollar Tree. My daughter & 2 friends shared a room. I made labels with their names on them, stuck the labels on giving each an equal # of pouches. This way each had their items in early marked pouches. They loved it! Avoided cat fights - lol. Left it behind after trip. Haven't found it again in the Dollar store : ( Got to keep looking cause the next cruise now 4 of them are sharing - yikes!

My best friend and I thought it was a great idea (from Cruise Critic helpers). We used it to keep the counters uncluttered and we didn't have to hunt for small items or drag the suitcases out. Sure it is a personal preference, but I like to be organized! I also have a hanging LL Bean type bag for cosmetics and toiletries for the inside of the bathroom door;)

We will be using our over the door holder for the first time!!!! I was given the tip on the Family Board and I am so excited to organize the boys room. We will have mom in one room with the 2 girls and dad in the other with the 3 boys so I bought the boys one and will set it up and organize it for the week for dad and the boys.

We got a small one an hung inside the closet, ours had a coat hanger hook and hung on the curtain rod just inside the first closet. Makes a Great mini bar, the rum runners fit perfectly in the pockets and throw away shot glasses or any other item. Great for powder cream, sugar, tea bags as well.

The one you show is kinda big top-to-bottom......here's a pic of ours.

Got it in a local Dollar Store.....yep, one buck......but it holds up. Have used it 3 times now ! Good for hair sprays, conditioners, toiletries. Second pic shows how limited the shelving and space in bathroom is to begin with.

DSC00103.jpg.12babf5d2a7b74406d091588787ba929.jpg

DSC00102.jpg.d668d3960dde61c8c4a217d7c097cd7c.jpg

I found it to be one on the best tips I recieved prior to our first cruise. It is easy to find what you need. I am usually kind of messy (always in a hurry to get to the fun) but I found this helped keep the room clutter free. Also I am a pack rat, really afraid of not having that one little thing that I will absolutely need. I never thought to pre stuff it though may try that next time!

More than for cruises - when I lived in a tiny cramp apartment I had one over the back of my kitchen door for all my spices etc, and anything small that took up room and always pushed in cupboards. Of course I bought a clear one. Also have one now hanging in our shower, drain holes at the bottom, as there are 4 adults each with own shampoo, conditioner, body wash etc.

Best tip I received from CC! I take mine on all of my cruises. DH and I can be messy at times and it really helps keep things organized. Also, which nobody has mentioned here, I keep our shoes in the empty pockets. LOL!

With the 4 of us (especially DD(12)) - we have no empty pockets left for shoes:o Might have to think of investing in a second one for shoes - I wonder if it would be able to hold all the ones we pack (especially all of DD's flip flops, sandals, tennis shoes ...:D)

I love mine.. one of the best tips I have ever gotten on traveling.

I got mine at Wal-Mart and hang it on the closet door so that I still have access to it when someone is in the bathroom.

I put EVERYTHING that will fit in it.. I hate to clutter the counter, especially when I am traveling with friends. I also like that everything is out of the way for when they come clean your room.

I took ours and the darn thing would fold in the middle. It was a pain. Now I think I'll take 2 over the door hooks to hang it on so it does'nt fold. This one had a cord, so when I put the cord over the 1 hook on the door, then filled it up, the weight made it fold in half.

Love mine -wouldn't travel without it. Holds all the little things nicely - DH is so forgetful at times about where he puts "stuff" - this solves that problem. Might have to check several pockets but that beats rummaging through the entire cabin :eek:

I think if we had more than 2 people it would be a good things for us. Since it's only DH and me, we don't need one. I do have a roll up bag for each of us that we got on Royal Caribbean.

The roll up bag has a hanger on it, so I guess this takes the place of the over the door hanger.

On our cruise in August, I had one from our dollar store and I found that I didn't need to use it as originally planned because there were enough shelves in the bathroom for our toiletries.

However, there are no shelves in the shower itself. So, we hung it from the shower head and used it for our body wash, shampoo, conditioner, razors, etc. We just popped drain holes in the bottom of each pocket.

Threw it away when we left!

not to mention that it's also great for shoes! We had four of us in an Inside Cabin and we had a lot of shoes! :) We also had room for our lanyards, ones for room service, and all sorts of stuff. CCL has great bathroom space, so we had plenty of space in there for our hair stuff, etc. but it was great for sunscreen, shoes, and etc. I will use ours every time (maybe even two -- one for shoes and one for "stuff." And I never pack mine before (I keep my sunscreen and anything "wet" in ziplocks). I just fill it up as we unpack! For us it takes up less room that way, but whatever works for you!

Yet another piece of junk to fill up your suitcase - people who take stuff like that have a severe case of "kitchen sink syndrome".

DON

Not true. More like "why waste time searching for things when they could be right at your fingertips?" disease.

Maybe you should try it before you knock it.

Yet another piece of junk to fill up your suitcase - people who take stuff like that have a severe case of "kitchen sink syndrome".

DON

And how many people do you cruise with? :rolleyes: I can see it being overkill for two people but for a family of four it is great way to organize everyones little stuff that would otherwise clutter all the counter tops. It is difficult enough to stuff four people in a little room with all their stuff everywhere. I prefer to have all that stuff in one place where everyone can find it. With my four people it is not a severe case of "kitchen sink syndrome", it is a severe case of "sardines in a can syndrome":D

*smacks myself on my forehead*......why didn't I think of that?! Good idea!

Ditto V8 moment

DON

Or maybe they are being cured of their clutter disease, I for one have it, The clutter disease, and am so happy someone shared this little tid bit.

Helpful comments are great...

Archived