Access to reservation not in system?

airlink diva

I'm traveling with a group on a cruise in March 2010. This is my first time ever sailing with a group on a cruise. I normally just book my cruises with my on travel agent or with perx.

I paid about 50% of the cruise and have a reservation number. When I went to purchase some fun dollars, it told me that my reservation don't exist. I left a message for the travel agent for this group.

Now the payments for the cruise are being paid to Carnival (that's what's showing on my checking account) so I'm not worried that the travel agent is keeping the money. But I'm wondering is this because the person that I'm sharing the cabin with have only paid her deposit? Will they not allow me to view anything until full payment (which is due by December 1st)?

I'm use to viewing my reservation prior to 100% on payment,at that how I was a few years back (in 2006). My cruise in May I paid in full at the time booking.

Any help on this????

You will have to go to the web site and put your booking number in then it will show up.

I did that any it tells me that my booking number is not on file. That's why I'm asking if it has something to do with the person sharing the cabin only paying her deposit so far.

I believe that since you booked as a "Group", you will not have access to your booking until the ENTIRE group is paid in full.

You're trying to access an "individual booking" ,,,YOURS,,,,, out of the middle of a "Group".

Many great perks to group bookings but also some PIA detractors.

I've never booked as part of a group on purpose, but I have been combined with a group before when booking with a TA. I actually had two booking numbers. One was the group booking and one was for my own cabin. Maybe you have the group booking number it won't display since that is not just one cabin?

Ask your TA what the booking number is for your cabin. With a group your cabin may show as "TBD" or something like that until everyone is paid in full even though you have a specific cabin. But you shouldn't have to wait to see your booking online just because only the deposits have been paid.

DUH!!!!!:confused:

Call Carnival!!!!

No one here has access to their system to tell you what has happened to your reservation - and nobody else's experience may be the same as yours in this situation.

Carnival's agents should be able to find it by your name - perhaps you have one digit wrong on your booking # or something similar to that.

It amazes me how many people post here for answers that would be best gotten by calling their cruiseline or TA.

Call Carnival!!!!

No one here has access to their system to tell you what has happened to your reservation - and nobody else's experience may be the same as yours in this situation.

Carnival's agents should be able to find it by your name - perhaps you have one digit wrong on your booking # or something similar to that.

It amazes me how many people post here for answers that would be best gotten by calling their cruiseline or TA.

Bad day today?

While what you say is correct, does that really give you free license to show attitude? You could have said the exact same thing in a more diplomatic manner. Now, if that's the same way you would speak to your mother in a face to face encounter,,,,,, then never mind my rant and accept my apology.

It sounds like the TA gave you the GROUP booking number instead of your booking number.

Once you get the correct booking number, you will be able to enter it in your profile on Carnival.com. It will not allow you to access the documents until such time as everyone in the group is paid in full. This usually occurs about a week after final payment. You still will be able to pull up the cruise details, book excursions, book gifts.

Dave

that he gave you the group booking number. I am involved with a group not sailing for a year and we have only put down or $25 holds but I have access to all four cabins that I booked within this group. Give him a call and he should give you your individual booking number.

2 clicks on CCL website:

How do I add my booking number to carnival.com?spacer.gifIn order for a booking number to successfully be entered in carnival.com, the following fields must EXACTLY match the information in the Reservations system.

Guest's Last Name

Booking number

Ship

Sail Date

In the event that you feel all the data you entered is correct, you may want to contact your travel agent or 1-800-Carnival (if you booked directly) to double check if there is a discrepancy in your last name spelling and/or booking number you were provided.

NOTE: Presently you can only add individual booking numbers. Group booking numbers cannot be added at this time.

I believe that since you booked as a "Group", you will not have access to your booking until the ENTIRE group is paid in full.

You're trying to access an "individual booking" ,,,YOURS,,,,, out of the middle of a "Group".

Many great perks to group bookings but also some PIA detractors.

This is not true. They just need their own individual booking number, and not the group number. Every booking has an individual number.

It amazes me how stressed out some people get on CC about what others post. :rolleyes: More amazing is how they also just *have* to post about it and can't just ignore the subject on go on to another thread.

OP indicated a message was left for the TA. What's the harm in coming to CC to ask for input. If my group booking invoice did not show two booking numbers I wouldn't have known there are actually two booking numbers when part of a group. If the TA only gave one booking number that happens to be the group number it won't work. The OP, used to only having a single booking number, is going to wonder what is going on when that number doesn't work.

The whole point of CC is to share information...

It amazes me how stressed out some people get on CC about what others post. :rolleyes: More amazing is how they also just *have* to post about it and can't just ignore the subject on go on to another thread.

OP indicated a message was left for the TA. What's the harm in coming to CC to ask for input. If my group booking invoice did not show two booking numbers I wouldn't have known there are actually two booking numbers when part of a group. If the TA only gave one booking number that happens to be the group number it won't work. The OP, used to only having a single booking number, is going to wonder what is going on when that number doesn't work.

The whole point of CC is to share information...

Never said I was stressed - just amazed. It appeared the OP was somewhat concerned about the situation and since she could not reach her TA immediately the next logical choice to get the info would be to call Carnival - as they are the ones with the info the OP wanted.

I appreciate & love the info sharing that occurs on CC - but there are as many opinions as users here. Some questions - like this one - don't require opinions but real answers that can only be obtained by contacting the involved party - in this case the TA or the cruiseline.

It sounds like the TA gave you the GROUP booking number instead of your booking number.

Once you get the correct booking number, you will be able to enter it in your profile on Carnival.com. It will not allow you to access the documents until such time as everyone in the group is paid in full. This usually occurs about a week after final payment. You still will be able to pull up the cruise details, book excursions, book gifts.

Dave

Not necessarily true. I am, booked with a friend, through TA group and have only paid my deposit and I have access to and have already filled in all my pertinent "fun pass" info. My friend hasn't filled hers out so it just says mine is complete and hers is incomplete. We booked guarantee, so we don't know our cabin # until our final payment. I don't know if final payment for all in the group should really make a difference.

Not necessarily true. I am, booked with a friend, through TA group and have only paid my deposit and I have access to and have already filled in all my pertinent "fun pass" info. My friend hasn't filled hers out so it just says mine is complete and hers is incomplete. We booked guarantee, so we don't know our cabin # until our final payment. I don't know if final payment for all in the group should really make a difference.

You can get to your Fun Pass, but you cannot get to your Documents until the group is paid in full.

Carnival is not going to give the OP any info since the OP booked w/ a TA. OP is waiting on her TA so what is wrong w/ asking here?

I booked with a TA and when I called Carnival with a question about not being able to find my booking on the CCL site they had no problem helping me.

You must be lucky because usually Carnival agents will refer you directly back to your TA. That is one of the first questions they ask. They do not want to give out a booking number when they did not make the reservation in the 1st place.

You must be lucky because usually Carnival agents will refer you directly back to your TA. That is one of the first questions they ask. They do not want to give out a booking number when they did not make the reservation in the 1st place.

All I'm sayin' is if it were me I would've called Carnival for an answer before asking a bunch of people who have no access to CCL's bookings.

Bev,

What I wrote is correct, you cannot get to your documents which are different from being able to access the Funpass.

Dave

Just talked to the group travel agent about 30 minutes ago. Like both Jetskier & Klfrodo stated, since this cruise is part of group, I really won't have access until right near final payment.

It's kind of a bummer that I have to wait until then to do some of the things early.

If I do another group cruise, I will deal with my normal travel agent and see can she coordinate with a group travel agent. If not, I will request like Gargoyle999 suggested.

Thanks for those who try to assist me with this!!!

Call Carnival!!!!

Carnival will not offer any assistance unless you've with them directly, not through a TA.

I have a similar problem accessing my reservation. I finally got it fixed my phoning technical support at 1-800-845-2599. Keep pressing. The first person kind of blew me off. When what she suggested didn't work, I called back and got a guy who fixed it right away.

Carnival will not offer any assistance unless you've with them directly, not through a TA.

Like I said in a previous post - I booked with a TA but when I had problem accessing my booking on Carnival's site I called Carnival & they sorted it out right away. Just my experience. YMMV

Archived