Carnival Victory Review 9/20-9/27/09 w/ Pics!

IslandToIsland

The waterproof pouch is an aquapac and I love it, it works great. It also came with a belt that clips around your waist if you wanted to wear it that way. I bought it through their website.

thanks. going nov. 8th and it will come in handy. keep up the good work with the review.:)

jen

9/23 Day 3 Barbados

Today we decided to take a taxi to Pynes Bay to swim with the turtles. We were one of the first people on the beach. The beach was nice and we saw a few crabs not too far from us digging holes in the sand. I must say it is true what they say about the vendors on this beach. It was almost nonstop from different people. You just have to keep saying no and they will stop. We waited a little while for the cruise ship tours to get there and swam out to where they were because they all had food for the turtles. The swim was not far out at all. We seen the turtles up close as they swim right near you. After this we decided to take a glass bottom boat to the ship wreck and our guide kept throwing food out and there were hundreds of fish surrounding you. It was a fantastic experience.

Paynes Bay

CarnivalVictorySept09281.jpg

The green boat is the one we ended up taking to the shipwreck

CarnivalVictorySept09282.jpg

WaterCamPicsCarnivalVictorySept0-66.jpg

Here is a video of BF feeding the turtle

View of the beach from the boat

CarnivalVictorySept09288.jpg

CarnivalVictorySept09290.jpg

We decided to leave Paynes Bay and make our way over to Accra Beach. There is no snorkeling here, but the beach is beautiful. We took this time to just relax and take it all in.

Accra Beach

CarnivalVictorySept09297.jpg

was the pack used for your camera underwater shots or do you have a waterproof camera

I have an underwater camera. I use the pack for money, credit cards, and little things. It is big enough to put your camera in to keep it dry from rain or the mist from the falls, but I would be too nervous to put my good camera in it and put it underwater. It does keep everything bone dry, but I wouldn't chance it. Thats just me.

Not sure what this is, but decided to take a pic anyway....anyone?

CarnivalVictorySept09013.jpg?t=1254235116

I wondered the EXACT same thing when we were there last week! Its a neat looking pier, but I couldn't figure out what it was for. All the "Any vehicles on these premises are subject to search" signs seemed unfriendly though.

Thanks for the review and the pics, I'm enjoying reading it!

We r going next june 2nd time on this itenerary, lovin your review. Kick butt job,

Cant wait to see more..

thanks. going nov. 8th and it will come in handy. keep up the good work with the review.:)

jen

Thank You, I am having fun looking at all the pics and reliving the great time we had.

I wondered the EXACT same thing when we were there last week! Its a neat looking pier, but I couldn't figure out what it was for. All the "Any vehicles on these premises are subject to search" signs seemed unfriendly though.

Thanks for the review and the pics, I'm enjoying reading it!

I am enjoying your review as well. I am reading it in between posting mine. I want to plan the Liberty after we go on the Legend in Feb, but shhhh BF doesn't know yet.:p I am dying to go to HMC!

My DH and I are taking this cruise in November. Thanks for the updates. What I really would like to know is where was the best snorkeling at? I love the pictures of St. Johns.

Trunk Bay was good and also Paynes Bay for the Turtles and shipwreck. The guides feed them at Paynes Bay, so you see a ton.

9/24 Day 4 St. Lucia

Today we had a tour booked with Spencer Ambrose and I can't praise him enough. His tour was fantastic and he is a great guy. Very funny too. We met him outside the pier and waited for others to show up. At around 8:30 we were already in the van and on our way. We started off at the banana plantations where we got out and seen the bananas up close and Spencer explained the harvesting procedure.

CarnivalVictorySept09369.jpg?t=1254308167

CarnivalVictorySept09372.jpg?t=1254308199

CarnivalVictorySept09373.jpg?t=1254308230

We then stopped at an overlook over a fishing village and we able to get out and take some pics.

CarnivalVictorySept09382.jpg?t=1254308315

CarnivalVictorySept09381.jpg?t=1254308372

CarnivalVictorySept09384.jpg?t=1254308433

After that we seen the "snake man" and a couple of people in our van wanted to take a pic with the snake. I was all set with that and stayed in the van not wanting to get anywhere near it!

From there we continued on to the Toraille Waterfall where many used this as a photo opportunity and a fewpeople took a dip in the water.

CarnivalVictorySept09430.jpg?t=1254308809

CarnivalVictorySept09435.jpg?t=1254308837

On our way there we got our first glimpse of the pitons

CarnivalVictorySept09427.jpg?t=1254308962

CarnivalVictorySept09415.jpg?t=1254309007

After Toraille, Spencer had lunch waiting for us at a little restaurant called Captain Hooks. The lunch was delicious. It was a variety of creole food from jerk chicken, rice and peas, plantains, macaroni and cheese, and more.

CarnivalVictorySept09448.jpg?t=1254309205

After we ate, we went to the sulpher springs, the caribbeans only drive in volcano. The smell here was awful, but how many times do you get the chance to say you seen a volcano? It really is awesome.

CarnivalVictorySept09453.jpg?t=1254309883

CarnivalVictorySept09466.jpg?t=1254311027

CarnivalVictorySept09469.jpg?t=1254311186

We had a short tour and time for pics and off we went.

I will be back a little later with our last stop Jalousie Beach.

Our last stop was Jalousie Beach. We took a water taxi to the beach and spent about 45 min. -1 hr here. We did some snorkeling and enjoyed the view of this beautiful beach and here we had an up close view of the Pitons.

View taken from the boat

CarnivalVictorySept09487.jpg

CarnivalVictorySept09496.jpg

CarnivalVictorySept09503.jpg

CarnivalVictorySept09504.jpg

CarnivalVictorySept09514.jpg

The right side of this dock is where the snorkeling is

CarnivalVictorySept09507.jpg

On the ride back from Jalousie we stopped at this bat cave. My BF had asked about bats for some reason and when Spencer said there was a cave, my BF just had to see it. You can see them all on the sides of the cave. We actually have video of it and if you listen closely, you can hear them chirping. There are thousands of them that come out. Spencer said it gives him goos bumps to even think of it and I'm with him. It gives me the heebie-jeebies just looking at the pic!

CarnivalVictorySept09533.jpg

Spencer had made a couple of stops throughout the tour and let us sample some bananas, coconut muffins, and creole bread. He also had a cooler stocked with water, soda, beer, and rum punch. This was one of my favorite days. Spencer is the best!

This night was our second elegant night.

We had Iki for our waiter in the Atlantic Dining Room and absolutely loved him! He had a great sense of humor and was a pleasure to talk with. He did a fantastic job.

CarnivalVictorySept09555.jpg

This was his assistant. I loved them both!

CarnivalVictorySept09556.jpg

Next up Antigua

love all the pics!!:D great review!!!! we go in Feb. cant wait !! just curious, was your cabin port or starboard? which would you suggest?

My cabin was port side and thats what I always pick. Even number cabins are generally port side, but there is really no telling how the ship will pull in to the port. So far picking port side has worked out for us. When I wake up, the first thing I do is go on the balcony and take pics. I love it!

Archived