Carnival Victory Review 9/20-9/27/09 w/ Pics!

IslandToIsland

I was on this cruise and had a great time with Tracey and Marcus. They let me tag along when they snorkled in St. Kitts.

We had an awesome time. I'm not going to write a review because it would be much like hers, but I'll post my excursions on the ports since I did some different ones than they did. Great review Tracey!

The cruise was amazing and I would do it again in a second. I thought it was going to be too tiring since we didn't have a sea day, but the last day in St. Kitts we just went to the beach and relaxed. It was like a sea day but better!

I was on this cruise and had a great time with Tracey and Marcus. They let me tag along when they snorkled in St. Kitts.

We had an awesome time. I'm not going to write a review because it would be much like hers, but I'll post my excursions on the ports since I did some different ones than they did. Great review Tracey!

The cruise was amazing and I would do it again in a second. I thought it was going to be too tiring since we didn't have a sea day, but the last day in St. Kitts we just went to the beach and relaxed. It was like a sea day but better!

We had a great time with you guys as well! How did your snorkel pics come out? Did you get any good ones?

Thanks for such a detailed review. One of the best I have seen. You and marcus are such a cute couple!! I know you hear that often but you really are. One quick question...did you miss not having a sea day we are thinking about booking this cruise with people from 2 to 56 and just was wondering how tired you were at the end...Thanks so much!

Thanks for such a detailed review. One of the best I have seen. You and marcus are such a cute couple!! I know you hear that often but you really are. One quick question...did you miss not having a sea day we are thinking about booking this cruise with people from 2 to 56 and just was wondering how tired you were at the end...Thanks so much!

I was also on that particular cruise...and this was my first cruise...we got lots of comments about picking a busy cruise for our first one.

First, you can make any day an at sea day...just don't get off the ship. However, if you are like me...you want to see it all...we did shore excursions on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday and Saturday...we just played it by ear and basically did a bit of shopping and went to the beaches...nothing too exhausting

What helped us was the late dining. We got back on the ship anywhere between 3 and 5 depending on when the ship left port. First, we would grab a small bite to eat (small salad or small dish of ice cream) to hold us until dinner. Then we would go back to our room...take a nap and then a shower...then go down and get a drink before dinner...and then eat.

On Sunday, we got off the ship around 11am (we had exchanged our 15 embarkation numbers for lower ones (3) considering we had a 2:30 flight). We left PR at 2:30 and arrive back in Virginia at 8:30. I finally arrived back at my house at 10:00pm. I have two kids...so they don't understand that Mom needs a rest from her vacation. So, Monday morning I was back to work at my full time job and back to mom duties. And I was a bit exhausted...but not much. Those pre-dinner naps really helped.

Thank you! I found that if you pace yourself you won't be so tired. We only booked 2 excursions and made the rest beach days. That seemed to work for us. The hike to Middleham Falls was tough, but it was so well worth it. That was the most tiring thing we did all week. I don't regret it one bit. We thought of our beach days kinda like sea days. One last thing, BOOK IT!:)

Thanks so much for the great review - we are on this ship November 29th - we've done this itinerary before (excluding St. Kitts), and as to comments about Dominica...we took an ATV excursion up in the rainforest. It was the first tour for brand new operators with Carnival, and they were AMAZING - we had an absolute blast and totally enjoyed the experience.

Thanks for the review, Tracy. We also enjoyed spending time with you and Marcus. Who knew you were so old! I loved your pics as ours are somewhere in the camera...........I agree that we loved the port intensive trip and used the beach days as I would sea days. I prefer to be in port anyway and three of them were new to us. We don't have a preferred port, but I would say that anyone that doesn't adventure out in Dominica is missing so much!

Hi, hey I was watching your videos and enjoying your review, but I had a question... what did you feed the fish and turtles. That was so cool.:confused::D

I'm not quite sure. The guide from the boat was throwing it in the water and my BF was grabbing it. I had a piece in my hand and I thought it was part of a fish, but I'm not really sure. I was too busy watching those cute turtles.:D

Hey I have one more question for you... I have read that the people that are at Jalousie Beach in St Lucia are "less than appreciative of you being there" did you get that feeling or how was your read on that beach?:confused:

Hey I have one more question for you... I have read that the people that are at Jalousie Beach in St Lucia are "less than appreciative of you being there" did you get that feeling or how was your read on that beach?:confused:

Well to be honest most of the people I seen were cruise ship passengers. The only person I actually spoke to was to ask if they had a bathroom and he said it was for residents only. So, to me that seems like they did not want us there. Aside from that, I didn't come into contact with any other locals.

I like reading this review - Ive went through it multiple times. :D

Can you tell me if you noticed a Hertz car rental at the Sheraton you were staying at?

Our plan is to rent a car from Hertz at the San Juan airport, and then drop it off at the hotel location the day of our cruise (when I called the counter in san juan they said we can do this, but I'll have to double check when I get there to be sure).

Thanks.

I like reading this review - Ive went through it multiple times. :D

Can you tell me if you noticed a Hertz car rental at the Sheraton you were staying at?

Our plan is to rent a car from Hertz at the San Juan airport, and then drop it off at the hotel location the day of our cruise (when I called the counter in san juan they said we can do this, but I'll have to double check when I get there to be sure).

Thanks.

I didn't notice one, but then again I wasn't looking for one. I have also heard that this can be done though, so you should have no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived