Just got back from Miracle

peanutJMV

Returned today from the 8 day cruise on the Miracle.

This was our first sailing with Carnival, prior to sailing I heard both positive and negative reviews, I have no complaints, we had a wonderful time.

We arrived at port approx 11:30--check in took about 15 minutes and they allowed us on the ship about 12:15. Embarkation and debarkation was very well organized.

---I admired the decor throughout the ship, (although the grapes in the dining room were a little much--), the ship is well maintained, exceptionally clean, service was superior, and I found the food was actually good.

--Our balcony was on the Veranda deck, ext balcony---Nice,!

The bathroom wasnt as small as I thought and had sufficient vanity space, I brought a shoe organizer and found no need for it.

---The balcony door is very heavy, should have brought a bungee cord to hold open but forgot it, I prefer the sliding door as on other ships to leave open at night or during the day.

----I wont go into alot of detail here but if any questions, feel free to ask.

Again, we had a wonderful time, was pleased with Carnival and will sail again.

Peanut.

Thankyou for the review! We will be going on the 8 day out of Fort Lauderdale! How were the shows and any talk on board if some of the same entertainers will be there, and the same crew? Just wondering, when they come ship comes down from New York to FLL, if and how much will be different. So glad you had a lovely cruise!:)

Returned today from the 8 day cruise on the Miracle.

This was our first sailing with Carnival, prior to sailing I heard both positive and negative reviews, I have no complaints, we had a wonderful time.

We arrived at port approx 11:30--check in took about 15 minutes and they allowed us on the ship about 12:15. Embarkation and debarkation was very well organized.

---I admired the decor throughout the ship, (although the grapes in the dining room were a little much--), the ship is well maintained, exceptionally clean, service was superior, and I found the food was actually good.

--Our balcony was on the Veranda deck, ext balcony---Nice,!

The bathroom wasnt as small as I thought and had sufficient vanity space, I brought a shoe organizer and found no need for it.

---The balcony door is very heavy, should have brought a bungee cord to hold open but forgot it, I prefer the sliding door as on other ships to leave open at night or during the day.

----I wont go into alot of detail here but if any questions, feel free to ask.

Again, we had a wonderful time, was pleased with Carnival and will sail again.

Peanut.

An excellent choice for your first CCL cruise :) Glad you had a nice time!

We were on this cruise and it was WONDERFUL! At some point tomorrow, I will get photos uploaded and come back and add a link!

I'll answer what questions I can:

Thankyou for the review! We will be going on the 8 day out of Fort Lauderdale! How were the shows and any talk on board if some of the same entertainers will be there, and the same crew? Just wondering, when they come ship comes down from New York to FLL, if and how much will be different. So glad you had a lovely cruise!:)

In 8 cruises I have to admit I've never been to a show. I did ask our dining room waitress her schedule. Her contract is up when they get to Fort Lauderdale. She went on to say that quite a few staff members were leaving when the ship got to FLL.

We are also soon to be on Miracle out of FLL. Curious as to who the cruise director is. Did you get to know any of the ship's staff? How was the food?

CD was Malcolm 'WooHoo' Burns ... he does a good job. Not overly intrusive, which is nice. We loved Dehlia at the bar in the Jeeves Lounge! The food was GREAT! Our last night (last night :() one of the starters was a crab cake ..it was absolutely wonderful! I wrote on our comment card that the crab cake should be an entree! And I know at one time I had read about requests for biscuits and gravy .. well, it's on the Lido Deck at the buffet ...but I'm not sure who the chef learned to make biscuits from .. lol

Do you happen to know if they had Drink of the Day/DOD cards?

NOOOOOO! dangit ... I asked the first day before muster at 3 different bars ... just to see if I would get the same answer .. lol.

Glad you had a good time on the Miracle..

Did you park at the pier?? If you did how was the process?? How was the embarcation??

Bulldog

We did park at the pier. It was very very simple. You drive to the terminal, pay for parking, find a parking spot and then find a porter. That was the most difficult part. For future reference, I suggest unloading your luggage by the elevators, after the nice doggy sniffs over your vehicle.

Prior to us leaving someone had mentioned and posted that the route through the terminal for passengers and luggage had changed. But as it is now, it's eazy peazy!

We got there about 10:00, and were seated in the waiting area. Of course the previous cruisers were still debarking. The checkin process started about 10:45 and we were led to another seating area.

Then we were on board by 11:40!

We were on this cruise and it was WONDERFUL! At some point tomorrow, I will get photos uploaded and come back and add a link!

I'll answer what questions I can:

In 8 cruises I have to admit I've never been to a show. I did ask our dining room waitress her schedule. Her contract is up when they get to Fort Lauderdale. She went on to say that quite a few staff members were leaving when the ship got to FLL.

CD was Malcolm 'WooHoo' Burns ... he does a good job. Not overly intrusive, which is nice. We loved Dehlia at the bar in the Jeeves Lounge! The food was GREAT! Our last night (last night :() one of the starters was a crab cake ..it was absolutely wonderful! I wrote on our comment card that the crab cake should be an entree! And I know at one time I had read about requests for biscuits and gravy .. well, it's on the Lido Deck at the buffet ...but I'm not sure who the chef learned to make biscuits from .. lol

NOOOOOO! dangit ... I asked the first day before muster at 3 different bars ... just to see if I would get the same answer .. lol.

Thanks for the reply :)

Thanks for your review peanutJMV! Glad you had an enjoyable cruise.

DH and I will be going on the Miracle October 7th and this will be our first time with Carnival. Did you try any of the specialty restaurants and what type of entertainment is available in the evenings besides the shows, specfically is there dancing each night?

I had nearly managed to erase the "Woo Hoo" from my poor brain! I truly hope he's gone by the time I sail her again in December. I know, I know. Picky. It's just that stuff like that makes me nuts. It "might" be mildy entertaining the first time. Maybe even twice. By after several days, it is not the least bit cute.

Ah well. I plan on spending most of my time on my aft balcony, doing as little as possible. :D

Yes, the grapes are a bit much. My problem with Farcus is not his "vision" or theme, it is that he seems to think that having thousands of something makes the decor better than just having enough to actually get the theme across to the passengers.

My favorite on Miracle are the weird, alien, silver, pointy thingies in the dance bar.

Glad to hear the food was good. When we sailed her, the beef was pretty near inedible (and I'm not all that picky). It was tough and always overcooked. I think we just had a bad shipment.

Which itinerary was this? I'll be on the Western and am really looking forward to visiting Panama and Costa Rica for the first time, and returning to Belize.

Hi everyone.

Will try to answer your questions.

SHOWS: Only seen two, The first show-Comedian was pretty good, bear with me, I dont have a good sense humor but he was rather good (Forget his name though--sorry.)

They had another Comedian during the week but I didnt go.

--Ticket to ride----Tribute to the beatles--I enjoyed this as well.

No DOD cards.

Malcolm did a good job, I liked him.

Embark went well, very smooth, about 15 min for check in, if I recall correctly, they had lanes by deck--went quickly and very organized. We were then placed in a waiting area for about 30-40 minutes.

Debark---Most organized debark that I ever had---Debark by Zone #'s.

I was Zone 4 so I was off rather quickly--off the ship by 900.

We didnt park--bus tour to the ship. Not bad deal, actually cheaper than parking.

Parking I believe is 28.00 day.

Grand Turk was nice---Shopping area and we went to Margaritaville-had a great time--Governors beach is there but very rocky--alot of people were on the beach.

The weather all week was absolutely gorgeous.

-----

Not sure if anyone is leaving, I didnt hear anything.

--No regrets I just wish we arrived at the ports earlier but I cant complain, I knew the itinerary when I booked the trip.

Like I previously noted, first time on Carnival and really enjoyed it---Miracle is a really nice ship.

Who ever is booked on the Miracle, have a wonderful time and hope the weather is as nice for you as it was for us.

Peanut

Did you go to the piano bar at all?..If so how was it? Glad you had a wonderful cruise:)

18 days and counting....

---Didnt go to the piano bar but did overhear people talk about it--(positive comments)

I know your excited, I have to wait until next year to go again.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your review peanutJMV! Glad you had an enjoyable cruise.

DH and I will be going on the Miracle October 7th and this will be our first time with Carnival. Did you try any of the specialty restaurants and what type of entertainment is available in the evenings besides the shows, specfically is there dancing each night?

-Honestly, -I was hesitant prior to booking Carnival- I previously sailed NCL and RCCL.

Carnival is a very relaxed and fun atmosphere like NCL. RCCL is nice-more elegant.

Im glad I sailed CCL, the food is great---lido deck (bistro) was rather good, dining room better. Pizza was good (24 hr) and they also have Ceasar salad.

Supper club was good, too much food for me but well worth the price.

They have deck parties-and yes there is dancing although I didnt go.

Something to do every night, you wont be bored thats for sure.

Wow 10/7--you will be on the ship next week, have a great time.

I forgot to mention, their was a 70-80's show that I missed, heard it was fantastic.

Oh hell, Im getting old....

Archived