What size cabin for our family?

MtoK

Hi,

I'm new to these forums and wanted to ask people's opinions on cabin size for a family of 3. Our daughter is 3 years old. We've been on one cruise with her, but she was a baby and slept in a "pack and play". We normally get a normal interior cabin, but are wondering whether it will be too cramped. Also, do the couches usually have pull-out beds? She could potentially just sleep on the couch, but not sure how wide it is (i.e. rolling off?) or how comfortable.

Anyways, any thoughts would be helpful!

Thanks!

:)

It really depends on the ship! Inside cabins on newer ships generally have a fair amount of space. On older, smaller ships, they can be downright teeny...(RCI's smallest inside cabins are about 119 sq. ft---about the size of a walk-in closet with furniture!)

Check the stats on the ship you'll be sailing!

As far as "comfort" for a 3 year old....they don't need much! They're very light, so even a blanket on the floor will NOT disrupt their sleep! Kids and teens can (and do!) sleep ANYWHERE!

A sofa bed would be fine for a 3 year old. The sofa beds are generally the size of a full size bed. They're also low to the ground, so even if the child fell off, they wouldn't have far to drop. A standard size cabin should be fine, but more space is always good!:)

We plan on going on a cruise this Nov with our 3 year old and will be getting an inside cabin. He most likely will sleep with myself and hubby since I'm not letting him sleep on the upper bunk. When we went in Jan he slept in the porta crib and the room was a tight squeeze with it but we managed. Your barely in the room anyway.

One thing you may want to consider, is where the room is located on the ship. I have read many threads with people complaining that their room was directly above the pool and could hear chairs "scraping" early in the morning, or that their cabin was underneath the piano bar and could hear music throughout the night.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived