Which would you choose???

Lil Starr

'wrap-around', because they're HUGEMUNGOUS! plus i find the view of the aft to be desirable. but for their hugemungousnous, they've got a distinct advantage over a simple 'aft'... i'd probably pick an L over a normal aft though for the larger balcony.

Well, I guess the L-Shape is the way to go. I've always had a room mid-ship, so I don't know anything else. I hope my next question doesn't sound to silly. I was wondering if, while on the aft balconies, is there ever a sense of blowing off or falling out? I'm deathly afraid of heights, but I love the freedom that balconies give. I don't want to be terrified to go out.

Well, I guess the L-Shape is the way to go. I've always had a room mid-ship, so I don't know anything else. I hope my next question doesn't sound to silly. I was wondering if, while on the aft balconies, is there ever a sense of blowing off or falling out? I'm deathly afraid of heights, but I love the freedom that balconies give. I don't want to be terrified to go out.

LOL I am the same way. When I walk out onto a balcony I ease my way out the door, with the door at my back and then edge along the wall until I can sit on a chair. Ater I few days the anxiety passes. I really did love my balcony room on the Sensation, but if I fell off there was a deck below me. On the Legend, I would just have to wave if I went down.

It would depend on where the ship is sailing to. A wrap for warm climits and an aft for alaska.

Why would you not want an aft wrap for Alaska? It is not cold on an Alaska cruise.

We had a aft balcony when we were in Alaska last month and we saw so much on our starboard side, but there were times when the Naturalist would say that on the Port side you will see....... If we had had a Aft Wrap we would have been able to see it all. We did go up on the Lido Deck, but it was so nice to see so much from our balcony.

I have the l-shaped booked on the dream as well in April, but no balcony :( I am going solo, so it was strictly a matter of cost. I did get an ocean view though. I am just really worried about bing that far aft on the 1st deck (riviera) the is only 1 room seperating me and the engines. Anyone have any experience with that? I have been totally aft befor in a wrap, but it was on the empress deck, so we didn't really have any problems there. Also, will my window be covered with salt water?

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your posts. I finally took the plunge and booked on the Dream with the L-shape room. I'm really excited. So thank you again.

I am so confused...

What is an L-Shaped? The room is L-Shaped and larger or the balcony?

Never seen one... any pics?

The room is L shaped the balcony is bigger. The bed is a queen.

We have one for our next cruise.

Here is a picture of the balcony that another poster put up:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93003&d=1223673603

• 4 months later...
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your posts. I finally took the plunge and booked on the Dream with the L-shape room. I'm really excited. So thank you again.

tell all how you like da room. i take same cruise in da next winter. i like aft balcany a lot, but people say i need try the L room.

tell all how you like da room. i take same cruise in da next winter. i like aft balcany a lot, but people say i need try the L room.

Have you already booked the room or were you planning to do that at a later time? I've heard many people already post that the L-shaped room is great. If you read some of the reviews you can see photos of the layout of the room and hear what others have already said. Let your fingers do the walking because if you wait for my review the room won't be available when you want it.

Archived