Princess - Ship Snorkle Tour Question

mikjr

Since we only have a few hours in Cabo... we've decided to use the ship's snorkling tours, but having a hard time deciding which is the best one.

Also, I noticed two of the tours mention that snorking takes place from the boat. there is one in our party that is not a great swimmer and is concerned about being out that far and not being able to touch bottom.

Has anyone had the opportunity to take these any of these tours?

thanks...

The choices on the Princess website are:

Two Bay Kayaking & Snorkeling Crusade:

Cruise to Chileno Bay marine sanctuary aboard the custom-built 90-foot ?Adventure?. Explore this protected preserve on a 45-minute guided kayak safari that travels to Santa Maria Bay. Relax on a white-sand beach, swim or snorkel. Enjoy magaritas, beer or soft drinks along with chips and salsa on the cruise back to Cabo. Enroute go past Land's End, the Arch and Sea Lion colony.

this is the only tour that snorkles from the beach... but the concern here was the "TWO person kayak". Sounds kind of small... and I'm kind of BIG!

Sail & Snorkel Excursion

Board a sailing catamaran and cruise past Lovers Beach en route to palm-lined Santa Maria Cove. Set out on a one-hour guided snorkel through cyrstalline waters teeming with tropical fish including Moorish idols, parrotfish, King and Cortez angelfish.

Chileno Bay Snorkeling

Board the Tropicat, or one of her sister ships, the premier sailing vessels in Cabo complete with bathrooms, feash water hose for rinsing and ample space for enjoying the warm sunshine. Sail past Lovers Beach en route to Chileno Bay Marine Preserve in the Sea of Cortez. Enjoy an hour of free time to swim, relax on the beach or explore the warm tropical waters on a guided snorkel.

We have been on Princess (and other) snorkel tours (not in Cabo) and have also done a lot of snorkeling and some diving on our own. Princess (and other cruise lines) require that all the snorkelers on their tours wear some type of flotation device. On the decent tours they will provide you with an inflatable BC vest. For those that have problems or some fears about swimming they can simply put a small amount of air in the vest via the manual inflation tube (its like blowing up an inner tube). This will allow them to float on the surface with no effort and make it impossible for them to sink. We have helped folks snorkel that cannot swim and, assuming they can deal with their fears, they have no problem and quickly get addicted to this type of activity.

Hank

Since we only have a few hours in Cabo... we've decided to use the ship's snorkling tours, but having a hard time deciding which is the best one.

Also, I noticed two of the tours mention that snorking takes place from the boat. there is one in our party that is not a great swimmer and is concerned about being out that far and not being able to touch bottom.

Has anyone had the opportunity to take these any of these tours?

thanks...

The choices on the Princess website are:

Two Bay Kayaking & Snorkeling Crusade:

Cruise to Chileno Bay marine sanctuary aboard the custom-built 90-foot ?Adventure?. Explore this protected preserve on a 45-minute guided kayak safari that travels to Santa Maria Bay. Relax on a white-sand beach, swim or snorkel. Enjoy magaritas, beer or soft drinks along with chips and salsa on the cruise back to Cabo. Enroute go past Land's End, the Arch and Sea Lion colony.

this is the only tour that snorkles from the beach... but the concern here was the "TWO person kayak". Sounds kind of small... and I'm kind of BIG!

This one actually kayaks and snorkels from the boat not the beach. All of these tours go to either Chileno or Sta. Maria via boat. I do know that they have a rider fee of the 2 Bay Kayak tour...if someone in your group just wants to go on the tour, stay on the boat, eat and have open bar it is a reduced ticket price. The usual max weight limit for the 2 person kayaks is #350-#425 range. I know the captain of the boat and his wife well and have done the tour. They also have juice and bottled water with domestic open bar that includes more than just beer and margs. And fresh guacamole!!! Several families did it the day I went. Some people stayed on board while some did the kayak portion and snorkeled.

Archived