Snorkel with Renee or Woodwind?

scubadawg

We went on the Woodwind last week and that was the highlight of our 10 day cruise.

We're both older and not hard core athletes so we appreciated all the attention and assistence we got. We felt we were treated like family.

The equipment they provided was top notch in my opinon (Rx mask) and this was the best guided snorkeling tour we've ever had (out of 5) with the greatest variety of sealife (including turtles) we've ever seen in a single location.

Highly recommended!!!

We just got back from our Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Noordam and have to say that the the snorkel on the Woodwind was the highlight of our 10 day cruise. Dee met us at the pier and at 12:30 we proceeded to the Woodwind that was about 5 minutes away. They took us to Kline Bonaire, where we did a wonderful drift snorkel, seeing beautiful coral, fish and many turtles. There was a underwater photograher aboard that took pictures of the snorklers, turtles, fish and coral. You could purchase the disc for $30...there were over 150 pictures on it. I was so glad we purchased it because when we played it at home it was like reliving the experience again!!:) They also served beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks. We got back about 3:45pm and we walked back to the ship. Dee and her crew were exceptional people. They genuinely wanted everyone to have a good time and experience the beauty at the reef. We hope to get back there again next year and the first thing we will do, after we book our cruise, is e-mail Dee to reserve a spot on the Woodwind.;)

• 8 months later...
I am resurrecting this thread to ask a very important question about snorkeling with Woodwind: Do you have to wear an inflatable vest? DH and I HATE that and it is something we consider when booking a tour.

You do NOT need to wear a vest. At least we didn't last November. We are both excellent swimmers and also hate those things. They had them, but did not make anyone wear them.

I don't think there's an absolute answer to when they'll fill up. Certainly on a cruise that has a lot of CC members who do their research, they'll fill up sooner.

I also wish to vouch for their service and personal attention. I still feel it was out "best ever" of these guided snorkel trips and we've done a few.

• 2 weeks later...

It was an amazing time, still think of it almost daily and the trip was 18+ months ago.

You can get in touch with them via facebook- just search for woodwind snorkel sail. Also they post pictures from the dives pretty regularly... maybe that's why I can't get it off my brain!

I was in a group with a large range in ages and swimming ability but I don't think it mattered at all. The slow movers did their thing and the more advanced swimmers did theirs. Really a great time. After we had time to grab a beer at a little beach bar, and everyone there was jealous of our amazing time! TOTALLY worth every penny IMHO. :)

Can someone that took the Woodwind tell me about the ladder that you use to get back aboard. My DW has a foot/knee problem and really does not do well using a ladder with round rungs. If the rungs are flat and the ladder goes deep into the water or the boat has a "stairway" like some of the Cats - that works fine for her. We did Renee our last visit and was looking to try something different.

Archived