What to do in Manzanillo

mared1

Grab a cab to one of the beaches like Tenacatita, Melaque or La Manzanilla. There isn't much to see in Manzanillo itself. My mom lives down there every winter. There is an awsome restaurant in Melaque called Maya. It is first class and very lovely. We are headed down in March and will definitely stop for a nice meal one night.

Another option is to head for Colima and see some of the colonial Mexico. There are a few nice resorts in Manzanillo but I think over priced. Try Melaque it is a fun and typical Mexican beach town. Nothing fancy but a nice little taste of Mexico.

Let us know if you have questions

Now that I think about it you may enjoy beach town of Bara de Navidad that is a whole lot closer to Manzanillo. It is a do able thing and there is a lovely resort there ( the ? Bay Hotel) as well as a beach and the usual ticky tacky Mexican beach town.

I think a 79$ tour to Colima might be a good deal and a chance to see the interior a bit instead of just coastal towns. Colima is a fine Mexican city with a noted University, a great jazz club and other things to see. I love Mexico and hope you will too. The people and culture are rich once you leave the tourist enclave.

Happy sails and travels

Ilene

Archived