Some Guidance Please

Shiraz49

Hi ,

A couiple of Aussies may be heading to San Antonio in the future to attend a function ........

Looking at the possibility of picking up a cruise from somewhere nearby on the coast.

Question.......

What would be the closest port?

What are the most common cruise destinations from that part of the world.

We're starved for 'last minute deals' down here, is that a valid option that we could take.

What would be the best 'local' or most popular cruise site to check out deals?

Any advise would be gratefully accepted,

Thanks, Tom.

Hi ,

A couiple of Aussies may be heading to San Antonio in the future to attend a function ........

Looking at the possibility of picking up a cruise from somewhere nearby on the coast.

Question.......

Thanks, Tom.

What would be the closest port? Galveston

See Carnival and Royal Carribbean

We're starved for 'last minute deals' down here, is that a valid option that we could take. Keep looking everywhere

Start with Carnival and RCCL and Travel agents and travel sites

Hi ,

Question.......

What would be the closest port?

We're starved for 'last minute deals' down here, is that a valid option that we could take.

Thanks, Tom.

Galveston is going to be your closest port

Carnival and RCI are the cruise lines

On Carnival, there are not many "last minute cruise deals" Carnival sails full most all of the time, so not many deals to be had...For my upcoming cruise, I booked it way back in May.....looked Monday of this week and the price for my room had gone up $100.00 since then.....

I'd just keep checking the Carnival site and see what you can find.

With Carnival, you have a choice of a 5 day or 7 day cruise

The 5 day will go to Cozumel and Progresso, Mexico

The 7 day will be Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico

Have fun

Sharon

You didn't mention when the function was. Royal doesn't have a ship here year-round. The Voyager will be here late Nov and leave sometime in April to go back to Europe. Carnival has 2 ships homeported in Galveston. I have never sailed on them so can't say anything good or bad.

We live in San Antonio so if there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. We leave for the Mariner today, but will be back in a week.

P.S. going to Australia in on my bucket list.

Sherry

Galveston is closest port, about 4-5 hour drive from San Antonio. Carnival has 2 year round ships there: Conquest and Ecstasy. The itineries are

Conquest: 7 night cruises with alternating ports of call (Cozumel, Montego Bay, and Grand Cayman) OR (Key West, Freeport Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas). Ecstasy: 4 night cruises to Coz and 5 night

cruises to Coz and Progresso. Galveston is a very high demand cruise port so prices are never that great like they are in Miami. If you book early and maybe sail in the slower time like Jan. you might do ok. Ecstasy is a favorite ship for alot of people and she is in drydock now getting a refurb. We sail her next month for the 3rd time and we loved her before drydock so she will be fabulous after! San Antonio is my most favorite place to visit and we try to go once a year. The above poster can tell you about SA from a locals point of view and I can answer questions from a visitors perspective.

... The Voyager will be here late Nov and leave sometime in April to go back to Europe...

Voyager of the Seas will be at the Port of Galveston December 13, 2009 through April 18, 2010 sailing 7 night cruises leaving on Sunday afternoon and returning on Sunday morning. Per the RCI website she will have various ports of call on her Western Caribbean itinerary during that time:

Roatan Hondouras, Belize City Belize, Cozumel Mexico

................................or

Cozumel Mexico, George Town Grand Cayman, Montego Bay Jamaica

Roatan Honduras, Costa Maya Mexico, Cozumel Mexico

Cozumel Mexico, George Town Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica

On April 18, 2010 she will sail a 14 night Eastbound Transatlantic back to Barcelona, Spain. She will return to Galveston in the Fall of 2010.

Hope this additional information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thanks for the feedback.

Heading that way so the OH can attend a 'Zonta' conference, not even sure exactly when it's being held, just getting in early to check out options if we travel all atht way from down under.

Thanks.

Archived