Kosher cruises?????

wizard-of-roz

My friend, at work, would like to go cruising, she's kosher and would like to know if there are any cruiselines that are "stricktly kosher?"

Not just the one's who offer a kosher meal, but a cruiseline that is "kosher only!"

Thanks, in advance for the information.

If there is one, I have never heard of it.

By necessity it would have to be a fairly small ship and probably run by the State of Israel. I cannot imagine them filling a ship like this week after week to make it profitable.

If the economic climate was different, this might be a niche that is waiting to be filled.

If there is one, I have never heard of it.

By necessity it would have to be a fairly small ship and probably run by the State of Israel. I cannot imagine them filling a ship like this week after week to make it profitable.

If the economic climate was different, this might be a niche that is waiting to be filled.

After much investigation, there actually is one, out of Fort Lauterdale, to the Caribbean. It's the Costa Fortuna. It's very pricey but Glatt Kosher! Who Knew!!!!!

My friend, at work, would like to go cruising, she's kosher and would like to know if there are any cruiselines that are "stricktly kosher?"

Not just the one's who offer a kosher meal, but a cruiseline that is "kosher only!"

Thanks, in advance for the information.

There's a whole area on Cruise Critic that I looked at once that dealt with kosher cruising and other particular concerns of Jewish people. You might want to put the word Kosher or Jewish in the search bar.

Mickie

There's a whole area on Cruise Critic that I looked at once that dealt with kosher cruising and other particular concerns of Jewish people. You might want to put the word Kosher or Jewish in the search bar.

Mickie

Thanks, Mickie, we found just what she was looking for. It's very pricey but she thinks it's worth saving for!

Thanks, Mickie, we found just what she was looking for. It's very pricey but she thinks it's worth saving for!

I am glad you found it.

I cannot imagine how this ship magically becomes Glatt Kosher overnight - but that, fortunately, is not my problem.

I hope your friend enjoys the cruise (& the food).

BTW, how many itineraries do they do in this manner?

I am glad you found it.

I cannot imagine how this ship magically becomes Glatt Kosher overnight - but that, fortunately, is not my problem.

I hope your friend enjoys the cruise (& the food).

BTW, how many itineraries do they do in this manner?

It's not magic......this ship is just for kosher cruising....and, they do the Eastern Caribbean.

Apparantly, it's very popular and always fills-up!

It's not magic......this ship is just for kosher cruising....and, they do the Eastern Caribbean.

Apparantly, it's very popular and always fills-up!

I understand that. However, as we speak, she is doing Croatia and Greece (and will do so till December). I can assure you she is NOT glatt kosher in Croatia - thus she "becomes" kosher in Florida - that's the part I am having trouble with. As I understand it, it is not so simple to convert a non kosher kitchen (much less a large ship's kitchen) from non kosher to kosher.

Does she have enough bookings for the entire winter season out of Fla to stay kosher or is it just a few cruises (after which she is no longer kosher again - that's the "easy conversion" and I can understand that part).

FWIW,

check out these web sites:

http://www.kosherica.com/

http://www.totallyjewishtravel.com/kosher_cruises/

http://www.slkosher.com/

I would take Celebrity Solstice over any Costa ship any day.

Apparently I have lived a sheltered (i.e. non kosher life) - who knew there were so many choices.

Your friend may want to know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If she goes at Passover.We just came back from a cruise on the Celebrity Solstace. It was from Passover Kosher Cruises in Boynton Beach. It was my first cruise and it was amazing. There may be other Kosher Cruises. Even though it was Passover the food was delicious and at every meal you had many choices. Breakfast and lunch was buffet and there was a Rabbi,Cantor,and Mashgeach on board.Also there were services and 2 Paasover Seders, and speakers.dvashs

Archived